Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WD100+ always gets added as Sigma Switch Multilevel

Hello,

I'm making the switch to a new HomeSeer Zee S2 from SmartThings. All my HS-WD100+ switches worked properly with multi-tap on SmartThings.

I'm having trouble immediately with one of my HS-WD100+ switches refusing to properly add. Instead of adding as HS-WD100+, it gets added as "Sigma Switch Multilevel". This prevents me from accessing the multi-tap options under Events. It also takes much longer to add (~1 minute), vs about 5 seconds to add a different HS-WD100+ switch.

I have tried repeatedly to fix this including:
    * Plugins > ZWave > Controller Management > "Remove/Exclude a Node" twice in a row, the Add/Include a Node. No luck.
    * Plugins > Zwave > Controller Management > "Erase This Entire Interface and Create a New Network", then "Remove/Exclude a Node". It still does the same thing.
    * Setting up wifi on the S2 and holding it right next to the switch while adding it. This had no effect on the outcome, and it did not make adding the switch faster.

Any idea what is going on here or how to fix it? I would have expected pairing a Homeseer Switch with a Homeseer Bridge should work flawlessly, especially when that switch was known to work on SmartThings and when I have been able to pair other identical switches to the same bridge.

Here is the full output of Add/Include a Node:

Add Node started...
    Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
    A new node is being added...
    Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
    DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
    Done. Node 2 Added.
    Reloading (importing) node information...
    Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
    Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
    Node: 2 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, POWERLEVEL, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL, SWITCH_ALL, CONFIGURATION_V3, SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, SCENE_ACTIVATION, CENTRAL_SCENE, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V4
    Node: 2 Controls Class(es): CENTRAL_SCENE
    Node 2 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    Warning: Failed to get the list of Central Scene Keys for Node 2. Scene triggers may not be able to be used.
    Warning: Could not get the SWITCH command class version for node 2 .

Root Node Device Node 2 Z-Wave Sigma Switch Multilevel was created for node 2 on network C2FC4BA2
    2 out of 2 Child devices of node 2 were created successfully.
    Finished.
    Saving network information to file: ZNet_C2FC4BA2_2018-03-17_21.10.58.ZWave. Please wait...
    Done!

What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running? If not the latest version then upgrade, delete the switch from your network and then re-add it and it should work.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Comment

Same Issue

I'm also having this issue using the same version of the ZWave plugin. Brand new Zee S2 and homeseer switches HS WD-100+ both dimmers and regular switches are not coming into the system correctly.

Comment

How close is the switch to your Z-Wave controller when you attempt to add it? If not within a few feet try moving the Z-Wave interface closer to the switch and do a re-scan on the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            How close is the switch to your Z-Wave controller when you attempt to add it? If not within a few feet try moving the Z-Wave interface closer to the switch and do a re-scan on the switch.
            I am also facing the following error "Failed to get the list of Central Scene Keys for Node XX. Scene triggers may not be able to be used". I tried with .190 as well as the latest beta. It's happening to roughly 1/3 of all nodes I try to add. A full rescan and full optimize doesn't do anything as the errors show up again. These devices were added with the controller ~6 inches away from them.

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post
              I am also facing the following error "Failed to get the list of Central Scene Keys for Node XX. Scene triggers may not be able to be used". I tried with .190 as well as the latest beta. It's happening to roughly 1/3 of all nodes I try to add. A full rescan and full optimize doesn't do anything as the errors show up again. These devices were added with the controller ~6 inches away from them.
              Have you tried removing the switch and re-adding it while it's close to your Z-Wave interface?

Comment

Have you tried removing the switch and re-adding it while it's close to your Z-Wave interface?
                yes, multiple times.

Comment

Which Z-Wave interface are you using? Also have you tried the latest beta Z-Wave plugin as well?

Comment

Which Z-Wave interface are you using? Also have you tried the latest beta Z-Wave plugin as well?
                    HS smartstick. It originally started happening on the beta. I downgraded, removed devices, then re-added and I'm still getting it.

Comment

Solved... Kinda...

I was able to make this issue go away by resetting the Zee S2 to factory specs and NOT updating the z-wave plug-in. Not really a fix, but hopefully they figure this out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BellatorJ View Post
                        I was able to make this issue go away by resetting the Zee S2 to factory specs and NOT updating the z-wave plug-in. Not really a fix, but hopefully they figure this out soon.
                        I finally just gave up. I'm going to have ~75 HS switches for sale soon, swapping with radio ra2.

Comment

I'm sure you tried but I don't see it specifically mentioned (or I missed it), did you try adding un-secure?

Un-secure works a ton better than secure in the inclusion process.

Comment

I switched my 105 nanodimmers and 85 WD100+ switches from a barely functional ST (but it worked) to HS3 Pro and I am having even more issues than before and specifically this sigma issue!

I started small with only 3 nanodimmers and 3 WD100+

The smartstick+ is 2ft from the WD100+ and the switch is added as a sigma?

The WD100+ gets unknown status and can't be recovered?

What's next for fun?

Comment

Originally posted by SeaGlassRobot View Post
                              I switched my 105 nanodimmers and 85 WD100+ switches from a barely functional ST (but it worked) to HS3 Pro and I am having even more issues than before and specifically this sigma issue!

I started small with only 3 nanodimmers and 3 WD100+

The smartstick+ is 2ft from the WD100+ and the switch is added as a sigma?

The WD100+ gets unknown status and can't be recovered?

What's next for fun?
                              What version of HS3 and the Z-Wave plugin are you running?

Comment

Working...
                              X