Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLC scene buttons and virtual PLC devices

Hi Stipus,

I have several PLC "scene controllers" http://x10-hk.com/store/product_info...products_id=93
    These I mostly use as "plc remote controls" to send out PLC codes and I replaced a few of my wall switches with these.

My question is, can I create a "virtual" plc device that merely reports the status of a PLC code being sent out by my scene controller?

My intention is to use the scene controller to create event triggers in homeseer.
    Some of these scene controllers might send out PLC codes of non-existence PLC devices. So I can't really tag on any physical plc device to create an event.

Sure, just add a new device with the same House Code / Device Code as your Scene controller, and in the PLCBUS tab, choose the type "PLCBUS Appliance status"

Best regards,

stipus
    --
    stipus

Comment

Stipus, thanks for confirming.

I had actually tried this earlier but it wasn't working.
      I moved to another location and with a another scene button and that worked.

I think I have too much noise at that first location hence it wasn't registering
      the status.

Comment

Double check all your modules for correct wiring.

Live must be on live, and neutral on neutral for all PLCBUS modules. This is very important for correct PLCBUS communication.

Here in a large house with multiple stairs, I had all kind of problem.... until I took the time to check correct wiring for all modules. Everything has been fine since then (several years ago !).

If I get a new PLCBUS communication problem... as I know all micromodules are correctly wired inside walls, I double check all the plugin-modules ... and I always find one wrongly plugged on a socket...

In my house I have some old sockets with only 2 holes (no earth)... and it's very easy to plug a plugin module the wrong way in those.

And I also found new sockets with 2 holes and earth that had live and neutral reversed. When you plug a plugin-module in that kind of socket, you may think it's impossible to reverse live and neutral... but the socket itself might be wrongly connected.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Working...
        X