Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are no locks configured in the plug-in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No control over those two locks at all. They also do not show correct status or battery level. The other three work fine.

I looked them up, and the two locks that are not being controlled are actually BE468 (the version without the Alarming function on the keypad). The BE469 that I have is one of the ones that works OK. Not sure if that matters.

Only one of the five shows the Add New button in the Users, and this is the only one that shows a message (User Code 1 Entered with the date). I was wondering if the others would show the Add button once a User Code was used at the lock and it reported under message.
    Attached Files

Comment

Just a data point, both of mine are BE469 and both work properly so far.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

OK - something strange. I rebooted the controller and let everything start back up, and now those two locks are controllable. They still do not report battery status or message, but they can be controlled from the plug-in.

Not sure I understand that, but we are getting further.

Comment

Try 3.0.6
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I have status and battery on all five locks!

I only have a message on one of the five, and the Add New button on two of the five, but I am not clear on how to add user codes yet and need to do some reading in the forums about this. I will test all the locks to see if the message updates, and let you know what happens.

Thanks!

Comment

I think I saw your locks return a max user codes of 0 which is not right and I have emailed Rich about this
              In the meantime I will make a change to the plugin to get by it
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Try 3.0.7
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

OK - I now have the Add New User on all five locks.

What is the best practice for using the plug-in to add users to the locks? Add New User to each, then hit the Convert Lock Users button? Will this overwrite existing codes that were entered into the lock previously?

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
                    OK - I now have the Add New User on all five locks.

What is the best practice for using the plug-in to add users to the locks? Add New User to each, then hit the Convert Lock Users button? Will this overwrite existing codes that were entered into the lock previously?
                    Do you have any users programmed into the plugin at all?

If not then you should not see a "Convert Lock Users" button. In that case just go and add the users to the locks and they will be added directly to the lock using HS3.

If you did have users in the plugin before 3.0.0 then if you run the "Convert Lock Users" it will program the lock for you based on the users you have defined in the plugin. It will overwrite what is in the lock
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

I do not have any users programmed into the plug-in, but I do have the Convert button. I have always added users directly to the locks themselves at the keypad.

I had not had the plug-in loaded for quite some time (since moving to the SEL) so I cannot remember for sure if I ever added users through it.

Comment

If you look in the hspi_BLLock.ini and you see any [User=...] patterns then you have users defined in the plugin. That is why the Convert Lock Users button is showing
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Here is the entire INI file:

[Settings]
                          debugLevel=false
                          databaseLoggingEnabled=true
                          logDaysToKeep=30
                          suppressMessagesForCompactAndPurge=false
                          showUserCodeForLockUserList=true
                          logRefreshSeconds=5
                          logShowRows=15
                          logOrder=Ascending
                          locksPageRefreshSeconds=30
                          helpFolder=/BLHelp/
                          supportForumUrl=http://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1096
                          pluginControlledLockUsers=false

Comment

OK so no users in the INI file
                            The Convert Lock Users button should not be showing unless you turn on the plugin controlled lock users option and have users in the INI file
                            You are still seeing it?
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Working...
                            X