No announcement yet.

weatherunderground not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking into AWS it appears that it has gone to subscription only. I will need to update mcsSprinklers to remove it as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      I evaluated using your settings and did confirm that AWS is no longer reporting for either site or zip formats. I will look into it to see if free feeds are still available from this source. I had no issue with the WeatherUnderground. You can take a look at \data\mcsSprinklers and download2.txt, 3 or 4 to see if any text shows up to indicate why WU is not reporting from your PC.
      download2.txt 3 4 haven't been updated for a month since I last got WU reporting. URL2.txt 3 4 have current time stamp. They have the following content (I put it in " " to show the link)

URL2.txt
      "http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXCurrentObXML.asp?format=XML&ID=KNYNEWRO2&day=25&year=2017& month=5&Cache=fmiI744"

URL3.txt
      "http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXCurrentObXML.asp?format=XML&ID=MD1167&day=25&year=2017&mon th=5&Cache=fmiI192"

URL3.txt
      "http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXCurrentObXML.asp?format=XML&ID=KNYWHITE8&day=25&year=2017& month=5&Cache=fmiI663"

Comment

These URLs look good. I can copy them to an IE URL and the XML is returned in the browser. Confirm your issue is not access to the site (i.e. repeat what I did using a browser) and I can look at adding some debug to see why the data is not being received in mcsSprinklers.

Comment

Do I need to test it on same version of browser on the HS machine? (A very old IE on a series 2 pro-100)

Comment

mcsSprinklers now uses .NET socket interfaces and does not depend on a browser. Use of the browser is just so one can manually view what it retrieved from the URL. Could there be something blocking access from your location/firewall while access is available from mine?

Comment

My HS machine only has .NET 2.0. The browser (IE6) got "the page cannot be displayed" error message.

I also tried it from a different machine on my network and attached browser display.
              Attached Files

Comment

Mike, on my PRO-100, accessing the URL using browser got a cannot display error, but on a different machine on same LAN I can get WU data. (The WU station I posted in earlier reply happen to be down).

Did something change with WU last month that .NET 2.0 no longer works?

Comment

I really have no insight as to what is happening under the hood with all the security things that are happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                    mcsSprinklers now uses .NET socket interfaces and does not depend on a browser. Use of the browser is just so one can manually view what it retrieved from the URL. Could there be something blocking access from your location/firewall while access is available from mine?
                    Micheal, I updated browser on my HS machine and now the URL returns WU data in the browser, but mscSpringklers still can't download weather data. Any idea what else I should check? Thank you.

Comment

I just discovered that my Win2k3 server had a problem as well and it runs on .NET 4.0. I couldn't get to Microsoft.com or wunderground.com. The later was all I cared about.
                      Restored my ghosted image from Mar 11 (prior to the April 1st updates which were working). Still no go. So I tried a January backup - same thing, then went back an entire year and still the same. Totally puzzled here... So I thought it was network related, swapped out my router with an earlier one I had on hand - same thing. Called my ISP who ensured me that nothing was being blocked. Took out an older laptop with WinXP.. same thing. Connected to my cell phone via tether same thing. Tried Firefox and bingo it worked.
                      So I have come to the conclusion it is the way mcsSprinker fetches the data via the URL call. It must be sending the same headers as I.E6 and all that I can figure is that many sites have shutdown support for this browser version. So perhaps Michael can take a look around that bit of code.
                      Otherwise, we'll get to get weather from other sources.
                      I'm using HS3 with the latest mcsSpinkler Pro plugin.
                      The most interesting part for me is that when I click on Evaluate Internet Download, I get the weather data. It just seems that the Optional Alternate Weather Sources don't work.
                      One other point which is interesting, I use WeatherXML which uses Weatherunderground without issue.

Hope this helps with a solution...

Robert
                      Last edited by langenet; June 4, 2017, 06:31 PM.
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Could it be an SSL issue, like out-of-date certificates? Both microsoft.com & wunderground.com redirect to https://...

Comment

I will be out of country for two weeks without internet access. I will not be able to try to help for the next two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                            Could it be an SSL issue, like out-of-date certificates? Both microsoft.com & wunderground.com redirect to https://...
                            How would I test for this? Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Comment

My experience with out of date certs is that a warning comes up asking if you trust the site. Though, I guess you just never know...

Robert
                              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

When accessing WU with browser, no warning messages. In mscSpringklers, is there a way to check in log or debug files?

Comment

Working...
                                X