Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices do not have a value

Hi Michael,
    Not a high priority, when you update the string of most of your devices could you also please update the value of them? I.e. S79 "Solar Radiation sensor " as of an example has a string of 167 but no value. Same story with the humidity sensor, temp , wind and others.

Thanks,
    Aldo

In HS1 and HS2 the following were used
    DeviceStatus = on/off
    DeviceValue = numeric

In HS3 the DeviceStatus was removed and the on/off information is now communicated in DeviceValue with typically via CAPI.

When mcsSprinklers sets DeviceStatus in HS2 it sets DeviceValue in HS3. Typically most important for things like the valves. \
    When it sets DeviceValue in HS2 it sets PluginExtraData in HS3 with the value pair key being "Value".

Comment

Sorry but I don't understand what you are saying, it sounds like you had it in hs2, why it was removed from HS3?
      Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

HS3 redesigned the interface so DeviceValue is used for both DeviceStatus and DeviceValue. They no long have a DeviceStatus in HS3. I tried to accommodate the best I could. The added PluginExtraData so I used that for things that had used DeviceValue in HS1 and HS2.

Comment

Hi Michael, always so appreciated what you doing, although I was thinking of updating the device value = to the string value, right now I have several sensors that I would like to graph on like solar but I don't have a way to do that. The good news is that I found a treasure in your program that could fix it, you made a way to store your data in mysql. I'm right now graph based on your database and sensor table. The only question that I have would be, how difficult is to use the same values you store in the database also in device value, confused enough?

Comment

This is an example of what I'm talking about Michael.

Originally posted by aldo View Post
            Hi Michael, always so appreciated what you doing, although I was thinking of updating the device value = to the string value, right now I have several sensors that I would like to graph on like solar but I don't have a way to do that. The good news is that I found a treasure in your program that could fix it, you made a way to store your data in mysql. I'm right now graph based on your database and sensor table. The only question that I have would be, how difficult is to use the same values you store in the database also in device value, confused enough?

Attached Files

Comment

Give http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinklers_21707_HS3.zip a try

Comment

Michael,
                Thanks for accommodating me so fast. Another great addition to you fabulous program.

On a different topic, do you see any issues if I move the sensors history data into the new created sensors table which I have switched recently to MySQL?

Thanks again,
                Aldo

Comment

I would be a great idea to retain your prior collected data.

Note that you asked for DeviceValue to have same numeric content as DeviceString. In HS2/HS1 version of mcsSprinklers the DeviceValue was scaled by typically 100 to account for DeviceValue being an integer.

Comment

Thanks Michael, the change you made is perfect.

Aldo

Comment

Working...
                    X