ISY communication problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISY communication problems

I am running Homeseer 2.5.0.52 and iSY version 1.0.4.0 (firmware 3.3.4).

I added about 10 new Insteon devices to my network (in addition to the 30 devices already installed). I was able to link to 8 of the new devices, but I'm unable to link two new dimmer switches (2477D dual band dimmers) - in my Homeseer log file I see the errors "COMM: Parse failure: _202" and "COMM: Parse failure: _52".).

My network is very reliable, and these switches are on the same leg of the electrical network as other Insteon devices that work fine.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

By "unable to link" do you mean unable to link the device to the ISY or that they don't show up in HomeSeer? If you're not able to get them to link to the ISY, then you should post on the UDI forms if you haven't already.

The "COMM: Parse failure: _202" is the ISY sending an undocumented message out. It is some kind of protocol specific message but I don't know what it means.

The "COMM: Parse failure: _52" message is the ISY reporting that it is "idle" I have not seen that before. It is something I can add to the plug-in so that it can parse this particular message.

In both cases, these are not indicating a problem with the plug-in, just reports that the ISY is sending messages the plug-in doesn't understand.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks for the response. By "unable to link" I mean that the ISY cannot communicate with the devices (communication between the ISY and HS is working fine). I will post to the UDI forum as you suggest.

Comment

Working...
      X