Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjbur View Post
    Will this plugin work with HS3?
    The HS3 version of this plugin is almost ready, I will post a beta version in this forum before end of July.

Comment

Originally posted by YURI View Post
      hello
      I have a problem with ENVISALINK after a few minutes I get this error
      10/07/2013 12:16:29
      Could not find method 'Void Scheduler.hsapplication.WriteLogEx (System.String, System.String, System.String)'.
      HomeSeer version: 2.3.0.19
      Source: HSPI_ENVISALINK
      Target: Void LogError (System.String)
      Stack trace:
      *** in HSPI_ENVISALINK.EnvisaLinkApp.LogError (String line)
      *** in EnvisaLink.Communications.Communicator.ListenForData ()
      *** at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (Object state)
      *** in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode (Object userData)
      *** in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWi thGuaranteedCleanup (TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
      *** in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (ExecutionContext ExecutionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      *** at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (ExecutionContext ExecutionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      *** in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart ()

Please specify what you were doing at the time of this error:

I have already tried to install the version 1.0.0.2 but the problem persists
      can you help me?
      sorry for my english
      The error is because you are using a relatively old version of HS (2.3.0.19) and this plugin use a function (WriteLogEx) which does not exist in version older than 2.4.0.1

I will avoid the call to this function in the next version of ENVISALINK plugin.
      The other solution is to upgrade your HS installation to 2.4.0.1 or later.

Comment

No status back from EvisaLink

I get the DSC partition and zone information listed on the Status page when the EnvisaLink interface is initialized. In addition to that I can see real-time status of my alarm zones via the EyezOn portal, so I know it's getting the data from my DSC PC5010. However, I get no changing status in HomeSeer. I’m running 1.0.0.2 which is one rev higher than currently installed via the Updater. I had the same issue on 1.0.0.1 prior to updating as well. Using HomeSeer Professional Edition 2.5.0.52

Related Log Info:
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: EnvisaLink
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:1
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:8
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:7
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:6
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:5
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:4
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:3
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:2
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:9
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Partition Device Found: P:1
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - Plug-In - Finished initializing plug-in EnvisaLink
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Request: NetworkLogin XXXXXXXXXXX
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Request: TimeStampControl 1
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Request: StatusReport
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Request: Poll
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - LoginInteraction 3
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - CommandAcknowledge 005
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - LoginInteraction 0
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Thread was interrupted from a waiting state.
        7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - Stack: at System.Threading.Thread.SleepInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout) at EnvisaLink.Communications.Communicator.Poll()
        Last edited by SingleSided; July 13, 2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

7/12/2013 1:22:33 AM - EnvisaLink - LoginInteraction 0
          This line means the pasword you have provided is incorrect. Double check your password in the config page, it's the same one you use to log into your Local Envisalink web page. (it is case sensitive)

Comment

Did you see the LoginInteraction 3 in the log as well? I've checked the passwords a few times and restarted HS after that. Using same password to log into the card directly (local connection) and it works fine. In fact it's displayed in CLEAR TEXT in the log file (changed to XXXXX below) and is correct there too (probably shouldn't be displayed in the clear in a log). It's also in EnvisaLink.ini in the Clear with the master code, both correct there too.

Here's another attempt:
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - Startup - Checking for available plug-ins
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - Plug-In - Found plug-in: EnvisaLink, version: 1.0.0.2
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - Startup - Initializing Plug-Ins
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: EnvisaLink
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:1
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:8
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:7
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:6
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:5
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:4
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:3
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:2
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Zone Device Found: Z:9
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Partition Device Found: P:1
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - Plug-In - Finished initializing plug-in EnvisaLink
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Request: NetworkLogin XXXXXXXXX
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Request: TimeStampControl 1
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Request: StatusReport
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Request: Poll
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - LoginInteraction 3
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - CommandAcknowledge 005
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - LoginInteraction 0
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Thread was interrupted from a waiting state.
            7/13/2013 12:27:40 PM - EnvisaLink - Stack: at System.Threading.Thread.SleepInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout) at EnvisaLink.Communications.Communicator.Poll()

Comment

yes I saw the "LoginInteraction 3" but it just means the interface request a password (For the exact meaning of all messages, see the doc atached to this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160608)

how long is your password? Does it contain any special character?
              you can answer me by email at spud.webb.4@gmail.com if you prefer.

Could you try to reset it to the default password which is "user" and let me know if that change anything?

Comment

That's exactly what I was trying after your last message. It's resolved for me. It's definitely a password thing you may want to document more clearly. The document found at the link you gave says password is [# of BYTES 1-6]. Us common folk (as in that haven't written code in years) don't always pull out our propellers to translate chars into bytes ;-). Maybe just say passwords have a 6 character limit ;-) Better yet update the EnvisaLink server to display the limit on the web page or expand the password to a more standard length.

What I did:
                If you log into Envisalink directly via local IP and go to Network to change your password, you'll notice it only allows 6 characters. I used more (8) and thought they were just running beyond the text box used to enter them. Reality is it's not saving anything beyond the 6 as designed. Then I used the same password in HomeSeer which captures all 8 characters. So HomeSeer was likely sending all 8 chars. You could probably truncate the function's response to 6 charters and use that on your side to prevent this as well. It's best the user knows the limit, but if they do what I did it would work if characters beyond 6 were dropped by your code, since they aren't used anyway. You could also make a HomeSeer log entry to call out the size mismatch specifically.

Thanks for your responsiveness while out. Really appreciate it. Been driving me nuts! Great Plug-In!
                Last edited by SingleSided; July 13, 2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

thanks for figuring this out.
                  I will make sure to allow 6 characters max in the next version

Comment

Suggestion/Question. Is there a reason the Alarm Zones are treated as Devices in Homeseer? For example, if you create an event and select a Current Trigger Type of "Device Status Change", the EnvisaLink Alarm zones are in the list box to select for use. However, best I can tell they don't work unless "EnvisaLink Trigger" is selected as the trigger event, not Device Status Change. If that's the case, would be better to remove them from the list returned that tracks Device Status Change. Perhaps it's a byproduct of the Zones being on the Device List for status and bypass and you don't have another choice.

Comment

I think "Device Status Change" trigger doesn't work with zones, but "Device Value Change" does.

So this is one reason we need zones as devices. Moreover without zone devices we wouldn't be able to add conditions on zones, for example
                      trigger= zone 1 becomes open
                      and condition= zone 2 is open

Comment

DSC Motion Sensor, Does it really go to sleep

HELP as I think I may have just purchase useless sensors for HS Home Automation.... Or is here a way for this plugin to keep seeing activity?

I ordered 7 "DSC WS4904P Wireless Pet-Immune Passive Infrared Detector" motion sensors.

I was told that I could access via plugins all of the sensors in my security system and use them with HS to create events as well. My plan was to use these motion sensors in place of my existing "Smarthome 2842-222 Skylink Wireless INSTEON Motion Sensors."

HERE IS THE PROBLEM.... The Installtion manual brags about a "feature" that pretty much makes these sensors worthless for Homeseer...

High Traffic Shutdown Mode
                        ... When motion is detected, the device will transmit to the Reciever and will then shutdown for 3 minutes...

How in the world would one then use this to trigger events like the Insteon sensors???

For example, in the upstairs hall I now have an Insteon sensor that at night triggers a "night light" event. Someone enter the hall, the lights come on at 10%, goes off after 30 seconds, person goes to bathroom, then enters hall again, event again triggers light for 30 seconds and then turns it off. I already had to increase the ON time due to the Insteon sensors limitations. Using these I'd have to increase on time to 3 min. Les should the person finish their business they would enter a dark hall with no light for up to 3 min....

This is just one example of an event that would suffer due to the "High Traffic Shutdown Mode."

Will the alarm and sensor work if I keep them in the test mode??? Yes, I know this will use more battery power....

I have seven of these and will try this myself with one of them before I open the rest, but this is a serious Home Automation limitation with a 3 min sleep no sensing time.

Thanks
                        Rich

Comment

The docs on those motion sensors say test mode toggles an LED, and sends 10 transmissions to the alarm system while in the test mode. That implies it leaves test mode after that. I think you are correct in your understanding of the limitations.

You will get at most one event to the alarm in 3 mins (and potentially 6 more seconds if the 3 min countdown doesn't start until the trigger is sent. The sensor delays response to the event for 6 sec per the manual as well. See the below reference). Homeseer will see all the events roughly when they happen via the Envisalink plug-in.

Perhaps you can make an event, during the night hours only, where the bathroom light OFF status triggers the hall light back on for their 30 sec return interval instead of the motion sensor. Assuming they aren't doing their business in the dark and the light switch is on your network. Else you have to wait 3 mins to use that motion sensor again. That feature can't be turned off from what I read.

From the docs:
                          Motion Detector Transmission Delay
                          A motion detector transmission is always delayed by six seconds. This is necessary to prevent false alarms caused by a motion sensor transmitting before a delay zone has a chance to report. This six-second delay cannot be altered or disabled.
                          Last edited by SingleSided; July 17, 2013, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks you are correct. After 10 test transmissions it goes back to 3 min delay. Wow so much for not having to use the Insteon sensors. I have been searching for any other WIRELESS sensors that would be comparable with DSC with no luck thus far. What if I now double up on sensors and if I placed a DSC and Insteon sensor in same hall?? I'm thinking they will interfere with each other.

Anyone know if there are any other WIRELESS sensor comparable with DSC without this delay issue??

Thanks
                            Rich
                            Last edited by rjbur; July 18, 2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Stupid question in references to zones and devices. Can this be setup so that I could see the status of all sensors? I'd like to put that on my HSTouch as a graphical representation to show open and closed doors etc...
                              Tks
                              HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
                                Stupid question in references to zones and devices. Can this be setup so that I could see the status of all sensors? I'd like to put that on my HSTouch as a graphical representation to show open and closed doors etc...
                                Tks
                                Not sure I understand your question, but I guess the answer is yes since each sensor is a zone, and each zone is represented in HS as a device.

Comment

Working...
                                X