Advice on upgrading Gemini to use this Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on upgrading Gemini to use this Plugin

I currently have a late 90s GEM-3200. After seeing some of the other threads, thinking I should consider upgrading that to a newer 9600. Currently there are zones mapped to one of three keypads so not sure where everything is.

1. Anyone know if I can buy the interface cable and then download the config, and migrate to the new panel?
    1a. Know where I can get the cable and software in the US?

2. Does the current model 9600s ship with the GEM-AUTO chip or is that still a separate purchase?

Thanks!

-Mike

I can't really advise on Napco panel upgrades as I'm not a dealer. I originally wrote this plugin since HST decided to not upgrade their HS2 version and I didn't want replace my Napco investment.

I'm using a P9600 purchased in 2005 along with GEM-AUTOMATION. If you google GEM-AUTOMATION you can usually find a couple online sites to purchase Napco equipment if you know what you're looking for. spytown.com and www.securitystoreusa.com are a couple examples.

I don't have a newer panel nor firmware so can't really comment on if they support the automation protocol out of the box or if you still have to buy GEM-AUTOMATION. Getting answers from Napco is not easy.
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Working...
    X