No announcement yet.

Security Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are NVR's with their own network and POE ports for every camera these days.

I do not know if there are NVR's with analog and digital mixed today. (BNC & POE).

Right before going to POE used cat5e / baluns with power injectors and power supply was a box with 12 power circuits for cams.

Have a look here ==> CCTV forum or ask relating to CCTV on Cocoontech.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      There are NVR's with their own network and POE ports for every camera these days.

I do not know if there are NVR's with analog and digital mixed today. (BNC & POE).

Right before going to POE used cat5e / baluns with power injectors and power supply was a box with 12 power circuits for cams.

Have a look here ==> CCTV forum or ask relating to CCTV on Cocoontech.
      ill read up..thx..

i just want to make sure i can integrate it in the future into HST...
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Typically a good security CCTV NVR is locked in firmware and the API's are not published for play.

The above said; build a Blue Iris VM and buy HDIP cameras a la cart and connect your old legacy cameras to an old Axis 4 port server like the 2400.

Then you can feed Blue Iris software with digital camera feeds and utilize the Homeseer Blue Iris plugin.

On the CCTV forum you will see more discussions relating to the hardware / software / firmware relating to security and good build stuff.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

TF: One thing to consider is that Samsung unit is a non-netcam type system. The wiring it uses won't be suitable for netcams if you want to add or upgrade in the future. Those cameras use BNC connectors and coaxial cables and likely has power cables either integrated into the cables or run alongside.

Comment

Originally posted by tbever View Post
            I just went through this process. I decided to go with a dedicated POE NVR and dome style 3MP IP cameras. I wanted to go with an NVR for the appliance aspect of it, rather than screwing around with another computer and all the associated hassles. This keeps the security system on its own network. I wanted to keep costs down so I did all the installation myself, and it really wasn't that bad. I did five exterior ethernet runs, although I may do more if I get motivated down the line. I researched this up down and sideways and decided to go with Dahua cameras and NVR. They are a Chinese manufacturer but they make a lot of the brands you will find at Costco etc. I think if you are going with an NVR you should stick with the same brand cameras. The cameras I went with are Dahua Ipc-hdbw4300e-as 3mp and the NVR 4208 NP. The NVR was about 265.00 without HDD, cameras about 120-150, although you can get them for less if you are adventurous by ordering from China directly. Software may be in Chinese though. I also have one interior camera IPC k200A. Another common brand is Hikvision. You can configure the NVR to interface with HS but I don't see much advantage to doing that at this point. There is a mobile app for Android and IOS that works pretty well and is easy to configure. There are a lot of good resources for researching this ipcamtalk.com cctvforum are ones that I found helpful. My one criticism is that the fans in the NVR are loud. I have the NVR in a separate electronics closet so it is not a problem, but I bought some aftermarket fans and I plan to replace the 2 fans in the NVR when I have time. The web interface does not work in Chrome, but Firefox works fine.
            I may have missed it but what software are you using?

I appreciate all your work as this is the way i want to go!!!!

And want to access from cell/tablets while away

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

so my 8yr old's friends dad is a CCTV guy. his own business and I dont ask favors, etc. BUT I picked his brain on that Samsung one and he said yeah it is ok for 4 cameras but then you are strapped.
              I then mentioned Swann and he IMMEDIATELY said... HELL NO THEY SUCK....

so that was the intended chat and we continued...

then he made me very happy with a different one...

the Dahua all yall are recommending... he threw that out on his own. Told me can go that route so now I am going to draw it up on floorplan and where I want the cameras and angle, etc... and we will go from there... but 4 isnt enough so im looking at 8 at least.

I can start off small... front door and back door. Wait few weeks buy another camera and then put it here... then repeat....

more to come...

Comment

Yup; when looking; look primarily focusing on security/hardware and then Homeseer to help you with the set up or not. You can save videos or stills now right on the camera and have them emailed to you whenever or wherever. I personally like the higher megapixel cameras cuz you can do more with the CPU and RAM on them then a lower megapixel camera. I do not use the highest resolution typically. I use multiples of medium resolution pics / videos. Digital adjustments are a nice to have but not really necessary once you configure the camera with an NVR. POE is now kind of standard. You want to look at the IP ratings of the camera too. Many now have analog NO/NC and power for PIR's that you can utilize to trigger motion events (way better than video algorithms outside). IE: I utilize outdoor PIR's connected to the alarm zones which are connected to recording triggers.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I cant wait to piece together a system. I am going to buy the 4 samsung camera setup for now and can review it with thoughts...

we have someone every now and then that unscrews my bulb between my 2 car garage...

now I could simply put a metal plate over the hole or i could replace the light... BUT...

that wont tell me who it is. I think I am going to get this camera setup just for this purpose then can expand with a nice IP camera setup later. I say this as I can put a camera in and punch through garage wall to get power, etc so wont be difficult...

Comment

we have someone every now and then that unscrews my bulb between my 2 car garage...

That is a malicious.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

That is a malicious.
                      last time i brought that up to my neighbors a week later... i found out an ipod, laptop, purse and others stuff was stolen.

I LOCK my vehicle... i get out i lock..end of story.. my wife.. never.. always asking me (after she gets in bed next to me has me get out of bed and go lock it or the kids to lock it)....

but that is a separate issue...

so maybe he is back...

Comment

In a nice neighbourhood you shouldn't have to worry about roaming thieves.

If it started again then it was never fixed the first time.

Did you report the theft when it happened or just accept it and made sure that you keep your doors locked?
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Did you report the theft when it happened or just accept it and made sure that you keep your doors locked?
                          Here the wife wears her Glock T-shirt which usually gets the point across

On subject,
                          waiting for the new Unfi 1080HD cams to come available in Aug.

Z

Comment

I am in a nice neighborhood however backed to a very nice older neighborhood... rough times out there.. I get it... and with kids today... devices are a part of their life and they will steal all they can to get their next device.. so trade some stolen stuff in and viola... got a new iphone 6s plus....
                            usually it is kids... once it was a bad apple druggie...

never fixed? well depends if it is the same person... I dont see anything missing.. but nothing really out of place, however my garage doors were open all night last week so i got lucky...

and yes I did report it. I always do any minor thing...

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                            Here the wife wears her Glock T-shirt which usually gets the point across

On subject,
                            waiting for the new Unfi 1080HD cams to come available in Aug.

Z
                            Nice on the SHIRT... can you take a pic and post it for us all to see? I like seeing a pair of glocks.. i mean... awww whatever....

unfi 1080hd? whats special about them?

so apparently my wife went and they had one 4 camera system left. 720p... my oldest was like...

mom.... that set next to it is still samsung (im not tied to the brand) and is 1080p.. only comes with 4 cameras but is an 8port so dad can add some of his he has.

I only have 2 where 1 is wired now and the other is in a box... but still...

guess ill go this route for now.

not sure the model she got... but i bet it is this one...
                            http://www.samsclub.com/sams/samsung...lp:product:2:5

what do you think?

Comment

Best night deterrent is good lighting triggered by sensors.

A night vision camera will work but typically will not help deter the (brazen) thief who probably doesn't care about his actions.

You can utilize the sensors to camera record and watch live what occurs on your cell phone these days wherever you happen to be.

Just a light conversation with one retired neighbour last week with a dog. She uses the dog "bark" as a trigger to reach for a gun which she keeps near by.

During the last (Keys) evacuation due to a Hurricane in FL, thieves took to thieving via boats in broad daylight. When one boat was stopped (with 6 people on board), they said that they were looking for a bathroom.
                              Last edited by Pete; July 13, 2016, 12:24 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

hah...

so yes it will be dealt with, with motion lighting in all directions as I bet they are coming from the darker side and across hidden part of yard and standing behind my truck to unscrew...

you can see during the day it is very covered... so at night way darker...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X