ISY 994i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISY 994i

I am thinking of moving to this unit in conjunction with the Insteon hub.

Does this plug-in support this newer ISY module?

I am currently running HS2, and am going to try and move to HS3 but not sure I actually want too. I might just move altogether to the Insteon and Isy combo and leave it at that.

Anyway, a bit of rambling, sorry.
    -Skybolt

Originally posted by skybolt View Post

I am currently running HS2, and am going to try and move to HS3 but not sure I actually want too. I might just move altogether to the Insteon and Isy combo and leave it at that.

Start by listing the pros/cons of each. What reasons are you looking to switch?
    Last edited by joey52685; December 14, 2015, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post

It's not clear to me from your post what you're asking.

This plug-in (ISY HS3 plug-in) works only with the Universal Devices ISY controllers. It supports all versions of the ISY controller from the ISY-26 up to the most current version. Although not all functionality will be available with the discontinued ISY controllers.

The Insteon Hub is a device similar to an ISY controller but that is not compatible with the ISY or with this plug-in.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
        It's not clear to me from your post what you're asking. ...
        Sorry, a little babbling going on. I still running HS2 and don't really want to switch. I have to switch because of HSTouch not working, not sure if I switch if that will be resolved, but I'll save that for another thread.

I am trying to figure out ways of still using HS, find other devices that will allow remote usage, which is why I mention the 994 and the Insteon hub.

I am considering one or the other to handle my remote needs and still manage an upgrade to HS3. I have had HS3 since it's been released but 467 events and associated devices have deterred me from doing so. My HS2 setup runs perfectly and I never have to mess with it. Except for no remote access due to HStouch not functioning.

Anyway rambling again sorry, you answered my question. Thanks!
        -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
          It's not clear to me from your post what you're asking.

This plug-in (ISY HS3 plug-in) works only with the Universal Devices ISY controllers. It supports all versions of the ISY controller from the ISY-26 up to the most current version. Although not all functionality will be available with the discontinued ISY controllers.

The Insteon Hub is a device similar to an ISY controller but that is not compatible with the ISY or with this plug-in.
          Am BRAND NEW to HomeSeer - just purchased it and and am downloading/evaluating plug ins to see what's best for my environment. Just downloaded the ISY plug in to try with my ISY-994a/ir Pro. Seems to issue commands fine but can not determine status of any devices (all status indicators always show 'off' regardless of their true state - even when I issue an 'on' command (which DOES work) the status still shows off.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by ckokoska View Post
            Am BRAND NEW to HomeSeer - just purchased it and and am downloading/evaluating plug ins to see what's best for my environment. Just downloaded the ISY plug in to try with my ISY-994a/ir Pro. Seems to issue commands fine but can not determine status of any devices (all status indicators always show 'off' regardless of their true state - even when I issue an 'on' command (which DOES work) the status still shows off.

Am I doing something wrong ?
            You're probably not doing anything wrong. It's not normal that sending commands works while receiving status doesn't. The best way to debug is to turn set up the plug-in logging so that it shows us what's going on. If you go into the manage plug-in menu and select the ISY plug-in, you can set the verbosity of the logging and where the logging shows up. The easiest thing to do is set it up to log to the HS log and set the level to at least "status", but "debug" would be better. When set to debug it will output a lot of messages to the homeseer log. Looking at that should provide some clue as to what's happening.

You can either post relevant portions of the log here or email it to me at bpaauwe at yahoo dot com.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in
            http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
            X