JowiHue constantly loses bridge connection and shows it's not registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue constantly loses bridge connection and shows it's not registered

Hi there, I bought this plugin but so far nothing but problems. I go to the JowiHue config page, and it will say Bridge Found at 192.168.1.80 which is fine. I press register, it says push the button, I do, and all my lights appear. Works perfectly fine. Day or so goes by, all Hue lights so Unreachable. I go into the plugin settings, it's right back to where it was, saying Bridge Found at 192.168.1.80 with the Register Bridge button.

Why do I have to register the bridge daily? I literally haven't even touched anything. If I use the Hue app I can control the lights just fine, but when I go back to HS3 it always shows not registered and acts like it never was, even though there's all the devices it created listed just showing Unreachable. My logs just show this over and over:

Aug-28 10:56:18 PM JowiHue Warning: SetLightSuspected: Bridge has been reset, setting all bridge lights suspected, so original settings can be restored later if needed
    Aug-28 10:52:05 PM JowiHue Info: -- Unregistered bridge found on network at 192.168.1.80
    Aug-28 10:37:05 PM JowiHue Info: -- Unregistered bridge found on network at 192.168.1.80
    Aug-28 10:22:05 PM JowiHue Info: -- Unregistered bridge found on network at 192.168.1.80
    Aug-28 10:07:05 PM JowiHue Info: -- Unregistered bridge found on network at 192.168.1.80
    Aug-28 9:52:05 PM JowiHue Info: -- Unregistered bridge found on network at 192.168.1.80
    Aug-28 9:37:05 PM JowiHue Info: -- Unregistered bridge found on network at 192.168.1.80
    Aug-28 9:37:05 PM JowiHue Warning: SetLightSuspected: Bridge has been reset, setting all bridge lights suspected, so original settings can be restored later if needed

Aug-28 9:24:24 PM JowiHue Error: (ShutdownIO):Error ending JowiHue Plug-In
    Aug-28 9:24:24 PM JowiHue Error: (ShutdownIO):Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Aug-28 9:24:00 PM JowiHue InitPlugin:No registered bridge found; please register a bridge through the configuration page
    Aug-28 9:23:59 PM JowiHue bridge 37 City Street is known as bridge, but is now unregistered. Please reregister through the configuration page. Or remove this bridge device?
    Aug-28 9:23:59 PM JowiHue bridge 37 City Street ip address is 192.168.1.80

ryuvann,

You should not have to reregister every day. There must be something wrong for you with the plugin. Some extra information could help me to understand the issue:

Are you running on Windows or Linux?
    do you have the latest plugin installed (1.1.2.3) and did you have an older version at first?
    Could you send me a filtered log (filter on JowiHue) by PM from the start of HS3 to current?

A work around to a solution that helps a lot of users is the following:
    • Stop the plugin by disabling it on the manage plugins page
    • Remove the bridge device (leave all other JowiHue devices intact)
    • Restart the plugin

The plugin should then recreate the bridge device, eventually you might need to reregister the bridge once more (if you have been running an older version of the plugin).

If this works, I hope you would still answer my questions, as it would help me understand the issue you had?

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,

Thanks for the quick reply I'll try deleting the bridge like you said and try that. It's weird as it was running fine for a couple weeks then just started this. I really love this plugin by the way, it's half the reason I bought HomeSeer as it gives such excellent support for the Hue lights so thanks so much for making it.

Here's the log attached from the past couple days or so. Let me know if you need it to be longer. I'll try deleting the bridge like you mentioned now and see what happens.

Quick edit, I did what you suggested, at first the plugin would show the bridge registered but no devices, so I disabled it and reenabled it a second time and now it shows the lights and they all seem to work. So I'll see how long the registration stays, but if it stops working again at least we'll know what time I did this at!

One other thing to add, I use the Wink Hub/Wink Relay as well and periodically it does the same thing. The Relay will say "Lost connection with Hue Bridge, click below to connect directly" and then it says go push the button on the bridge, but pushing it doesn't do anything. So not sure if it's related but could indicate maybe something is up with the bridge. With the Wink though when it says lost connection, controlling the lights still works, where as with HS3 they don't respond.

Last thing to add also was I bought 3 A19 white Hue bulbs the cheap $14 ones that don't change colours. 2 aren't connected at the moment so they are always unreachable, as is my Hue Go as it runs on battery and isn't always plugged in. Not sure if that throws it off having 2 or 3 devices unreachable all the time.
      Attached Files

Comment

ryuvann,

If lights have no power, they will report unreachable. The Hue Go should still report itself as long the Hue Go is in a 7 meter range from another hue light or bridge. If the hue go is out of reach for other lights and bridge, or battery is done, it will be reported as unreachable also.

Do you run on Windows or Linux? And also, did you use a older version of the plugin and did you upgrade?

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Sorry forgot to reply to those! I use Windows, running on Windows 2012.

I do recall upgrading it maybe a week or two ago I think there was an update, not sure if that's when the issues started but seems like it could be now that I think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ryuvann View Post

I do recall upgrading it maybe a week or two ago I think there was an update, not sure if that's when the issues started but seems like it could be now that I think of it.
            That gives me hope the delete of the bridge will solve it for you
            There was a major issue in the previous version that could cause the bridge information to be lost on the device storage for the bridge.

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by ryuvann View Post

Is the plugin stable again now?

Thanks,

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

I am kinda having the same issue on Windows Server 2012 Standard

What I have found is that if you close homeseer or the system restarts due to power failure then you have to link the plugin back to Hue bridge.

Comment

I just purchased / installed the plugin. I constantly am getting errors:

9/17/2016 6:16:12 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(2): JowiHue Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces().

I get the following in the Windows application event log:

Source: .NET Runtime 4.0
                  Event ID: 1000
                  Description:
                  Faulting application hspi_jowihue.exe, version 1.1.2.3, stamp 57b6e4d5, faulting module clr.dll, version 4.0.30319.1, stamp 4ba1d9ef, debug? 0, fault address 0x0005f186.

Source: .NET Runtime 4.0
                  Event ID: 1000
                  Description:
                  Application: HSPI_JowiHue.exe
                  Framework Version: v4.0.30319
                  Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 7919F186 (79140000) with exit code 80131506.

I am running on a HomeTroller Series 3 with the latest version of HomeSeer (HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297 (Windows)) and the plugin (1.1.2.3).

Your assistance would be appreciated!

Comment

I reinstalled the 4.0.3 framework and all seems good at this point. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dnicosia View Post
                      I reinstalled the 4.0.3 framework and all seems good at this point. Thanks!
                      Glad you got it working

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Been experiencing the same issue with my Hue Bridge for months. Found that i have the same .NET error message in my windows event log(Running Windows 10). From programs and features -> Windows components: I turned both .NET3 and .NET4 off, rebooted then turned them back on. I'll re-add my bridge tonight and post back if I have further issues. Thank you!

Edit: This did not resolve the issue. As soon as my computer rebooted the bridge needed to be registered again. The .NET error was not present in the event log this time. Anyone have further suggestions?
                        Last edited by KTM250; October 20, 2016, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTM250 View Post
                          Been experiencing the same issue with my Hue Bridge for months. Found that i have the same .NET error message in my windows event log(Running Windows 10). From programs and features -> Windows components: I turned both .NET3 and .NET4 off, rebooted then turned them back on. I'll re-add my bridge tonight and post back if I have further issues. Thank you!

Edit: This did not resolve the issue. As soon as my computer rebooted the bridge needed to be registered again. The .NET error was not present in the event log this time. Anyone have further suggestions?
                          Hi,

Could you enable deep logging in the configuration page of the plugin and also enable the logging to file option?
                          After that, please reboot the computer again to see if it needs reregistering again?
                          If it does, please do that and stop and start the plugin in the manage plugins page.
                          Once the plugin has restarted, disable both logging to file and deep logging.

Then check the logs subdirectory of your HS3 installation directory. You should find two JowiHue log files, "JowiHue.log" and "Jowihue-last.log".
                          Please collect those files, as well as the "JowiHue.db" file in the Data\JowiHue subdirectory.

Please send these to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl, so I could have a look to see if I can find the reason for this?

Thanks,

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

I have been using this plugin for the free trial and as soon as I purchased it and licensed it I began having these issues as well. I have removed the entire plugin and started from scratch with it still making me re-register the bridge every time homeseer reboots. I am running HS3 Pro on a windows 7 machine.

Comment

Originally posted by crosenblum View Post
                              I have been using this plugin for the free trial and as soon as I purchased it and licensed it I began having these issues as well. I have removed the entire plugin and started from scratch with it still making me re-register the bridge every time homeseer reboots. I am running HS3 Pro on a windows 7 machine.
                              Do you get any messages from the plugiin in the HS3 log? did the bridge change IP address maybe?

Thanks,

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X