Confiure total zone # or # in use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confiure total zone # or # in use?

Would someone be able to confirm when configuring this plug-in is the number of zones the number of total zones the system supports or the number of zones currently in use? My panel supports 16 wired zones and 64 wireless zones; so should I be entering 80? The plug-in appears to only go to 64 in the dropdown list for zone numbers.

Thank you.

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
    Would someone be able to confirm when configuring this plug-in is the number of zones the number of total zones the system supports or the number of zones currently in use? My panel supports 16 wired zones and 64 wireless zones; so should I be entering 80? The plug-in appears to only go to 64 in the dropdown list for zone numbers.

Thank you.
    What model panel do you have? The PC series supports either 16, 32 or 64 total zones. The PC1864 supports a total of 64 zones - wired and wireless mixed. The RFK5564 supports up to 64 wireless zones, but only when there are no wired zones. I have not seen any PC series that supports more than 64 total zones.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank you.
      it's the number of zones currently in use, or more precisely the last zone # used, meaning if you use zone 1-2-3-6-7, but you don't use zone 4-5, then you need to enter 7

I don't think the EnvisaLink for DSC supports more than 64 zones, what model panel do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        What model panel do you have? The PC series supports either 16, 32 or 64 total zones. The PC1864 supports a total of 64 zones - wired and wireless mixed. The RFK5564 supports up to 64 wireless zones, but only when there are no wired zones. I have not seen any PC series that supports more than 64 total zones.
        Yeah I think I may have had an idiot moment there. I use a PC1864 with one zone expander installed for 16 wired zones (expandable to 64) plus a RFK5564 keypad that supports 64 wireless zones.

Even though the panel is marketed as supporting 64 wired and 64 wireless I think it's any combination of the two and not 128 total.

Comment

Yeah I think I may have had an idiot moment there. I use a PC1864 with one zone expander installed for 16 wired zones (expandable to 64) plus a RFK5564 keypad that supports 64 wireless zones.

Even though the panel is marketed as supporting 64 wired and 64 wireless I think it's any combination of the two and not 128 total.
          Mine is the same. There are only a total of 64 zone addresses. I have zones 1-32 as wired zones (3x expansion boards) and 26 wireless zones. I configured mine by adding the wireless zones working downwards from zone 64 and the wired zones are the first 32. I configured the plug-in for 64 zones, 2 partitions and hid the 6 unused zone devices.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X