Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple location app for android?

Guys,
    Is there a simply location app for the Android platform? All I want to do is set a fence and run a JSON command.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

IFTTT
    Tasker
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      IFTTT
      Tasker
      Thanks. Which applet works best for this scenario in IFTTT?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Guys,
        Is there a simply location app for the Android platform? All I want to do is set a fence and run a JSON command.
        I have not found "Simple" anything yet.

I use tasker and autolocation but it's no way simple. Phone sleeps and then doesn't update. Updates to often then drains battery. So my setup involves way to much to stop the location updates if I'm connected to wifi and slow the checks as I get further away from my fences. Ofcourse faster update when I comeback or get closer to the fences.

Comment

Thanks. Which applet works best for this scenario in IFTTT?
          IFTTT is slow.
          Tasker works best for location control (at least for me).
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I used EGIGeoZone for two years but it went haywire when I upgraded to a new Galaxy S8. Samsung must have changed something as the app false triggers too much to make it usable so now I'm looking for something better.

Comment

I used EGIGeoZone for two years but it went haywire when I upgraded to a new Galaxy S8. Samsung must have changed something as the app false triggers too much to make it usable so now I'm looking for something better.
              I don't think the problem is Samsung. The problem started for me after Android updated and added Doze. It started acting like an iPhone after that.

Even my ping sensor doesn't work right if the phone is sitting on the counter. Plugged in its fine but not plugged in and not being used the wifi won't connect (getting home) and at home it stops responding to pings.

This wasn't a phone update for me but a Andriod update then I started to have more problems.

Geofence the same. It gets lazy and less accurate (probley because it lowers the accuracy automatically despite my settings) when its asleep to save power.

So I too have seen the same issues you face now.

Comment

I thought the developer had addressed these issues with newer Android builds.
                Originally posted by rprade
                There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  IFTTT is slow.
                  Tasker works best for location control (at least for me).
                  Yes, I'll have to try Tasker as I can't get IFTTT working any longer on my setup.

Comment

Did you whitelist the App in the "Battery Optimizations"? (For Samsung thru Smart Manager)

In the new EgiGeoZoneBT 1.1.2 I tried to suppress the false triggers.
                    Go to the App settings and check "ignore false reports".

Comment

Originally posted by egmontr View Post
                      Did you whitelist the App in the "Battery Optimizations"? (For Samsung thru Smart Manager)

In the new EgiGeoZoneBT 1.1.2 I tried to suppress the false triggers.
                      Go to the App settings and check "ignore false reports".
                      Which "Smart Manager" app are you using? I tried the suppress false reports and that didn't help. Under battery in the Samsung settings the app is shown as a battery using device and there's an option to stop it from using battery so I assume it's white listed but I'm not real sure. The fact that EGIGeoZone and IFTTT both act the same identical way makes me think the phone is doing something odd which started after a major update about 6 months ago.

Comment

Which "Smart Manager" app are you using?
                        I am using the default "Smart Manager" from Samsung installed on my phone.

Under battery in the Samsung settings the app is shown as a battery using device and there's an option to stop it from using battery so I assume it's white listed but I'm not real sure.
                        EgiGeoZoneBT 1.1.2 now checks if the App ist whitelisted, if not the App should ask you for permission to make this settings for you.

The fact that EGIGeoZone and IFTTT both act the same identical way makes me think the phone is doing something odd which started after a major update about 6 months ago.
                        Yes, a few other users are complaining this too. Thats why in version 1.1.2 of the App I tried to catch the false triggers and suppress them.

Update to 1.1.2, set the check box in the App settings, try it out and let me know, if it helped.

Comment

I am using the default "Smart Manager" from Samsung installed on my phone.

EgiGeoZoneBT 1.1.2 now checks if the App ist whitelisted, if not the App should ask you for permission to make this settings for you.

Yes, a few other users are complaining this too. Thats why in version 1.1.2 of the App I tried to catch the false triggers and suppress them.

Update to 1.1.2, set the check box in the App settings, try it out and let me know, if it helped.
                          I was using an app named EgiGeoZone not EgiGeoZoneBT. I'm not sure what the difference is but I do not need to use this with BlueTooth only GPS.

Comment

OK, but I first implemented it in the Beta EgiGeoZoneBT.
                            If it works fine, then I will implement it in EgiGeoZone too.

You may test EgiGeoZoneBT from here:https://play.google.com/apps/testing...nce.geozone.bt. You have not to use the BlueTooth features.

You can export your settings from EgiGeoZone and import them to EgiGeoZoneBT.

Comment

OK, but I first implemented it in the Beta EgiGeoZoneBT.
                              If it works fine, then I will implement it in EgiGeoZone too.

You may test EgiGeoZoneBT from here:https://play.google.com/apps/testing...nce.geozone.bt. You have not to use the BlueTooth features.

You can export your settings from EgiGeoZone and import them to EgiGeoZoneBT.
                              I'm interested in this and would also like to test. I joined the beta (says in progress).

Comment

Working...
                              X