Camera integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera integration

I have had very little consistent success getting foscam wireless PTZ cams to reliably show up in HS3Touch with operable controls. For other reasons, I am now considering installing 6 fixed position ethernet cams on a dvr recorder. Does it require an engineering degree to get those reliably streaming to HS3Touch?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Can anyone help me on this question?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

I've done it.
      It works better on ImperiHome but does work on HS3Touch.

I'll look at the settings over the weekend

Comment

Thank you gd1210; I'll look forward to your weekend post. Your reply seems to partly answer my question; apparently it's not an altogether simple process. At some point I thought I understood that the HS3Touch vastly simplified camera integration; maybe not so much? I'd still love to hear some other observations.
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

What are your update times set to?
          I setup up HS3Touch to update every 10seconds.
          It doesn't always seem to update mind

Comment

Sheriff, I use BlueIris and use it to stream to my HSTouch clients (not constantly, only on demand). I have found that no matter how I have done it (lots) HSTouch will always crash eventually needing a restart.

What platform do you use for HSTouch?

On all my Android clients, over 10 of them, I just switch over to "tinyCam PRO" app if I want to leave the cameras streaming for any length of time. A button in HSTouch takes me to tinyCam and the back button brings HSTouch back.

Another really slick way I have been working on is with Tasker on my Android tablets, it offers a plugin for tinyCam which allows alot of things to happen outside HSTouch. Tasker can make a camera popup on top of HSTouch in a window leaving HSTouch intact and leveraging the other app for video but never actually leaving HSTouch, 10-15 FPS also in H264 which cant be done inside HSTouch.

John

Comment

hey Sheriff. Have you managed to resolve the problem? Will try it too if you have fixed it with these tips

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
                I have had very little consistent success getting foscam wireless PTZ cams to reliably show up in HS3Touch with operable controls. For other reasons, I am now considering installing 6 fixed position ethernet cams on a dvr recorder. Does it require an engineering degree to get those reliably streaming to HS3Touch?
                Have been away for a while so I am catching up with post. I am running 6 fixed HikVision IP cameras with plans to add several more. I have not had any problems with HSTouch displaying the cameras. I also use HikVision's mobile app (iVMS-4500) which gives me better all around functionality on my phone. For me reliable streaming is more of a bandwidth issue with my ISP, living in the country has lots of benefits, but high speed internet is not one of them.

Comment

I installed hikivision cams on a nvms7000 dvr; I ended up just using their mobile app which is very robust. I'd love a button in HSTouch to jump over to the nvms software.
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Working...
                  X