Companion LED is always Off, but main switch LED Mode works OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companion LED is always Off, but main switch LED Mode works OK

UI wired the main switch and the companion in a preexisting 3-way setup. It all works, the lights go on/off as supposed to , I programmed some multi key press actions and they all work too.

The only problem, minor, is that the companion switch's Mode LED never comes on, whereas the main switch's LED turns on when the switch is OFF - as has been programmed.

I tried adding the companion to the Z-Wave - did not see anything (did not expect it to - but tried it anyways). Am I doing something wrong, or missing something?

Thanks
    Last edited by salasidis; November 20, 2017, 08:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

Originally posted by salasidis View Post
    UI wired the main switch and the companion in a preexisting 3-way setup. It all works, the lights go on/off as supposed to , I programmed some multi key press actions and they all work too.

The only problem, minor, is that the companion switch's Mode LED never comes on, whereas the main switch's LED turns on when the switch is OFF - as has been programmed.

I tried adding the companion to the Z-Wave - did not see anything (did not expect it to - but tried it anyways). Am I doing something wrong, or missing something?

Thanks
    You don't say what you have, but assuming you have homeseer switches (which I'm sure you do, since this is the forum for it)........ The companion switch doesn't have any LED's on it. So I'm asumming you have either been looking for a LED when one doesn't exist or you wired two main switches in the circuit and not one main and on companion, like you should have.

Here is the companion switch look at the pics.

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...nt=20345879302

Also wiring is much different for a normal 3 way vs. a 3way with companion. And two main switches with no companion is not even in the wiring diagram. You lucky if you haven't killed one of the switches at this point.

Comment

I did not check if the companion switch had an LED under the rocker cover. That would explain why no light.

No problem then. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X