FitbitSeer, a Fitbit plugin for HS3 - Need beta testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Moskus,
    I downloaded fitbitseer a week ago and now I use it. The installation procedure of the plugin "Fitbitseer" was simple and now I see the devices as in the screnshot published by telefragger. My interest was to monitor the heartbeat but I saw that the app does a lot more and I think Fitbit is a good product. I bought the "Charge 2" model and works well. The plugin that shows devices in homeseer is very interesting for events that might be activated but here i have some problems.
    1) I would like to trigger events, if it is possible, when I go to sleep and this would solve other related issues but I can not fill in the event because I do not know what value to enter
    2) I would also like to trigger events when fitbit recognizes that I woke up given. Here too I have the same problem of compiling the event.
    3) I would also like to know if there is an integration of the charts that are visible on the App or website FitBib directly in the homeseer interface.

Thanks

Massimo-RenderCAD
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.29: ADIO-100
    1.0.0.85: Arduino Plugin
    2.0.3.0: BLDatabase
    3.0.14.0: BLMediaPlayer
    2.0.5.0: BLVolume
    0.0.0.42: Current Cost 3P
    0.0.0.3: Device Comparison 3P
    1.2.0.0: Device History
    3.0.0.33: EasyTrigger
    0.2.0.0: FitbitSeer
    5.0.0.58: Global Cache Pro
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    3.0.1.90: PHLocation
    1.0.0.5: Restart
    3.0.0.21: VWS
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RenderCAD View Post
      My interest was to monitor the heartbeat but I saw that the app does a lot more and I think Fitbit is a good product.
      I'm now just waiting for the Fitbit Ionic to reach Norway, and I'll add heartbeat devices too!
      We are mere days away!

1) I would like to trigger events, if it is possible, when I go to sleep and this would solve other related issues but I can not fill in the event because I do not know what value to enter
      This we all want! But sadly, this is not possible, as far as I'm aware of. At least not very accurate.

Fitbit does not log much about sleep until you are done sleeping, and even then it might take some time. From time to time I see updates during the night for my wife (just got a Alta HR), but I guess she's been up that night.

It does not seem to be constant enough to be reliable.

However, the actual value in the device is "minutes from 00:00". So 1365 / 60 = 22,75 which is 22:45 or 10:45PM.

2) I would also like to trigger events when fitbit recognizes that I woke up given. Here too I have the same problem of compiling the event.
      Same problem as above, I'm afraid.

3) I would also like to know if there is an integration of the charts that are visible on the App or website FitBib directly in the homeseer interface.
      No, the charts are not created by the API, so I would have to recreate them. Haven't prioritized that.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Good news!
        My Ionic watch has arrived (and it's pretty good, by the way) AND the Fitbit library I'm using has been updated.

Heart rates are coming up!
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Just wondering if you have successfully incorporated the fitbit ionic into fitbitseer? Was paricularly interested in the heart rate readings?
          Thanks much.

Comment

I have a beta with heart rate readings up and running. Just needs to make sure I don't break anything else, as the Fitbit libraries have been updated quite alot...

Comment

Thanks much for the update. Once I know all is well with the plugin I will purhase the fitbit ionic. Thanks again....Rick

Comment

Heartrate now available, see the first post for updates.

Comment

Testing. Thank you!
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                  Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                  Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Does this plugin work well with the fitbit charge 2 and blaze watches, including heart rate. Also is the ionic fully supported now? Thanks much.....Rick

Comment

The plugin pulls data from the Fitbit database. If it's there, this plugin can read it.

Comment

I am looking to purchase my first fitbit for Christmas and want to get the one that works best with your plugin. Can I assume from your previous post that the fitbit charge 2, fitbit blaze and fitbit ionic work equally well and are supported fully with your fitbit plugin? Thanks much.....Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
                          Can I assume from your previous post that the fitbit charge 2, fitbit blaze and fitbit ionic work equally well and are supported fully with your fitbit plugin? Thanks much.....Rick
                          Yes.
                          That said, between the three I like the Ionic best. It is actually a smartwatch, and it has better precision than the others.

However, the plugin doesn't care which one you use. I've been using a Fitbit One for 5 years before I got a Ionic, and the plugin did the same now as it did then.

Comment

Thanks Moskus. I tend to agree that the ionic looks like the best choice. Even though it doesn't have alot of smart watch features I don't use most of them anyway. I am looking for a watch replacement as well as a fitness tracker and the ionic fits the bill well. Thanks again !!!!! Rick

Comment

I thank you for this plugin.

I have noticed that the plugin loses communication with Fitbit every few months. I then have to re-authenticate and everything is fine.

Do you think this is Fitbit changing things up, or is there a problem with the plugin?

If Fitbit is changing things every so often, is there a way for the plugin to recognize this and alert us that re-authentication is needed?

Comment

I've noticed the same thing, but not only with the plugin. The Alexa skill has the same problem. Every 5 or 6 months, I think.

I don't think there's a problem with the plugin, in that case it would have been much more noticeable.

Fitbits API is actually pretty strict when it comes to authentication, and there are multiple layers of security here. For instance, the authentication key is invalidated if it hasn't been used for a certain amount of time. That means, that if you take the plugin offline for a few hours (say more than 10), the key might be revoced by Fitbits system, and you need to re-authenticate.

As I said, I see the same "problem" with the Alexa skill. Eight Sleeps skill is even more annoying as it needs to reauthenticate every month.

Comment

Working...
                                X