Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Port Forwarding...Can homeseer and a DVR exsist on same network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port Forwarding...Can homeseer and a DVR exsist on same network?

Hello guys, I just got my new DVR for my security cameras, and tossing the junky timelapse vcr. I am very pleased with the DVR, however I am trying to figure out how to do port forwarding.

Homeseer exsists on port 80, which I have forwarded in the Dlink router, and that works fine. The DVR says it uses port 8000, and port 80, but it can be modified. The tech I spoke to says you don't need to enter the ort on the IP address, that the DVR knows what to do. Well, it does on the local network, but I can not get to it via the internet. I didn't know if anyone else has put multiple servers on the same network, and what luck they have had. I'll keep digging and experimenting.

Thanks!

-John

Why not change the port HomeSeer is running on?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Whohoo, Success

Well that didn't take long. Thanks Rupp for the info. I ended up leaving HS on port 80, but found out where my problem was. I told the dvr that the html interface would now be on 8080, and that the streaming video would be on port 8000. I had to figure out my new d-link router, so HS is setup as a virtual server, and the DVR is simply port fowarded.

I'll get a test account if anyone is interested and look at my front door to see how the video is streaming. I paid $285 for a barebones (without HD) 4 port DVR with H.264 compression. It has a SDK, but I havn't even started to dig into that yet....More fun to come

Thanks!

-John

Comment

Working...
      X