Keypad with load control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad with load control

I have a few 6-button PCS keypads that also have the ability to control a load. It does not appear that the plug-in creates a device that reflects that state of that load. Am I missing something?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

how many devices does the plugin create? Does one of them can control the load?
    could you send your .upe file?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      how many devices does the plugin create? Does one of them can control the load?
      There are 8 devices for each keypad, but none of them reflect the state of the load controlled by the keypad, and as far as I can tell, none of them control that load directly, only if it corresponds to a key that has a link assigned to it that the load responds to.
      Attached Files
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

you're right the plug-in assumes a keypad never has a load attached, so I think I need to add one device for the load. I'm just surprised no one ever mentioned this problem before...

just to confirm in your upe file, the devices we are talking about are "Basement Entry Keypad", "Basement Center Keypad", "Basement Stairs Keypad", right?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          you're right the plug-in assumes a keypad never has a load attached, so I think I need to add one device for the load. I'm just surprised no one ever mentioned this problem before...
          I am too, but then again, it's been almost two years since I installed them, and I just noticed. Clearly, this is not an urgent matter. I just assumed I was missing something, and expected you'd point me to my mistake.
          just to confirm in your upe file, the devices we are talking about are "Basement Entry Keypad", "Basement Center Keypad", "Basement Stairs Keypad", right?
          Yes.

Comment

Has this been resolved? Just purchase KPLD-7 and will need HS direct control of the loads.
            tenholde

Comment

In version 3.0.0.48 available in the beta section of the updater, I have added one device that represent the state of the load.
              So for each keypad you will get one device for each button with the "- Btn x" suffix, and one additional device for the load without any suffix

Please test and let me know

Comment

Thank you, I will try it asap
                tenholde

Comment

Works perfectly. Thanks for the quick response.
                  tenholde

Comment

After getting in to this more, it appears that the load device is created as a ON/OFF only device. The load on the KPLD-7 is dim-able. Could you look at this when you get a chance?

Thanks.
                    tenholde

Comment

delete the device created for the load then install version 3.0.0.49 it should recreate a dimmable device.

Comment

Worked great, thanks again for the fast support.
                        tenholde

Comment

When I stop and restart the plugin, the log is being flooded with the same error message. I turned on debugging a captured a portion of the errors, and it appears to be related to the keypads:

Click image for larger version

Name:	UPBerrors.png
Views:	87
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	1297028
                          Attached Files
                          tenholde

Comment

can you copy/paste the logs as text, it's kind of difficult to read in the screenshot
                            thanks

Comment

I would also need your .upe file

Comment

Working...
                              X