Z-Wave Warning: Unhandled Frame for Command Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Warning: Unhandled Frame for Command Class

I've got an issue I just can't quite crack. I have about 30 Leviton z-wave+ light switches, HS3Pro, and Z-stick+. Control for the light switches is typically great, but the status is less than great.

Leviton switches support instant status, and while this works probably 99% of the time for switches which are direct to the z-stick, it is much less consistent for switches which are going through other nodes (same Leviton switches) to get to the z-stick. Some once+ removed switches are probably 75%, some are 0% at instant status reporting. But only when they're command/response chain is at least one node removed from direct, all direct ones are good.

Polling by default on these switches is set to 0m, so I set polling on several of the non-direct switches to 20m or something, figuring that would solve the issue of a bathroom fan being manually turned on, and never turning off because HS3 doesn't know it turned on. However, it has never worked. Instead, I get these error messages in my log of "Unhandled Frame for Command Class" everytime HS3 does polls it. Also, the error sometimes shows up when the switch is manually pressed and presumably attempts to transmit instant status.

Attached is a screenshot of my log, filtered to show these errors. All the nodes in the log are the same leviton switches. Help!
    Attached Files

Did you solve this?
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Nope, I have circled back many times trying to solve it or get information on it to no avail.

Comment

I have this problem also. It occurs on a node that is direct as well as nodes that are communicating through other nodes. Setting a polling rate other than zero helps the practical problem. If the node is polled often enough, the failures to communicate are not as impactful, a subsequent poll succeeds. Optimizing the node has helped. Would be glad if someone has any answers.

Comment

Working...
        X