Beta JowiHue: adding support for RaspBee and ConBee gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wim,
    Yes, I did upgrade deCONZ and the firmware.

The sensor name changes still do not stick. Light name changes work fine.

I deleted a couple of the sensors and let deCONZ find them again. That did not help the name change. I did end up with a sensor that deCONZ could not properly discover. It would only find the light sensing capability and not motion or temperature. I repeatedly reset the sensor (held the button in until the solid green came on) and did a scan sensor from JowiHue. After several attempts, deCONZ discovered it properly and all is well.

I ordered an Osram Sylvania Lightify (choose the name of the day) bulb to test with, should be here Saturday.

I also realized that my WiFi may have been interfering with Zigbee. Something for everyone to consider. I chose Zigbee channel 25 and moved all my WiFi to channels below 11 (actually to 1 and 6). That made a big positive difference in the number of green lines on the map.
    Bill

Comment

Bill,

That is strange. I have no issues on that here. You can see it op the map I posted here before. Several sensors (gang temp, toilet temp, Keuken temp, etc) are renamed on it. The interface is a bit limiting on the number of characters, but you'll see what I mean. Sensors mostly are not meshing due to the batteries.
      Could you do a trace for me and send me the results?

Make sure you have trace to file and deep tracing enabled, then stop the plugin to reset the log, start it again and then rename one of the sensors for me? Then disable logging to file to free the log and send me the JowiHue log file. This will be located in the logs directory under the installation directory.

Send it to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl.

I am very curious to your osram test!!

Thanks,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
        Wim,
        Yes, I did upgrade deCONZ and the firmware.

The sensor name changes still do not stick. Light name changes work fine.

I deleted a couple of the sensors and let deCONZ find them again. That did not help the name change. I did end up with a sensor that deCONZ could not properly discover. It would only find the light sensing capability and not motion or temperature. I repeatedly reset the sensor (held the button in until the solid green came on) and did a scan sensor from JowiHue. After several attempts, deCONZ discovered it properly and all is well.

I ordered an Osram Sylvania Lightify (choose the name of the day) bulb to test with, should be here Saturday.

I also realized that my WiFi may have been interfering with Zigbee. Something for everyone to consider. I chose Zigbee channel 25 and moved all my WiFi to channels below 11 (actually to 1 and 6). That made a big positive difference in the number of green lines on the map.
        Bill
        Bill,

Ignore the previous post I think. I think I have found the difference just now. You are renaming the sensor through the JowiHue tab, where I do the same on the configuration tab. Am now trying to sync both edits, which I surely misses before - power of habit LOL

For now, coult you test by renaming the device on the configuration tab? I guess in the beginning of next week it will be solved with the new beta.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wim,

It still does not work. I had the trace running to the console and I do see an error response. I will redo the test and log to the file.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

Perfect. Make sure to do the test with changing on the configuration tab. The JowiHue tab is throwing an error because there is a difference in the API for raspbee vs philips I overlooked. I have that changed here already. So to prevent confusion, take the configuration tab.

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

I didn't redo the test yet, later today I hope. But the Lightify bulb arrived today and I tested it out. I had to be a little patient to allow deCONZ to fully configure it, but it works. The JowiHue plug-in didn't recognize the device type, but I am able to turn it on and off and dim it from HS3. I was able to change the color temperature using the color control cluster in deCONZ. The bulb I got is device type of "LIGHTIFY A19 Tunable White". I might try a color bulb next, but those are more expensive. Or possibly the color light strips, but those are even more expensive.

Bill

Comment

Hello

I have some problems registering the Deconz gateway.

Jowihue 2.0.0.11
                Deconz 2.0.4.67 (the only gateway on the network, no HUE)

Log from HS:
                __
                aug-27 08:58:27 JowiHue InitPlugin:No registered bridge found; please register a bridge through the configuration page
                aug-27 08:58:27 JowiHue + Unregistered bridge found on network at IP address:192.168.11.128
                __
                But when entering the config page:
                __
                Configuration of JowiHue plugin

Plugin is not in ready state yet, bridge unreachable?
                __

Firewall on the HS-machine is disabled.

Comment

Hi.

I have a RaspBee on Raspberry Pi 2. I installed the image from https://www.dresden-elektronik.de/fu...acccf81b62b2bd

I can only get software version 2.04.35. How do I get 2.04.62? Do I need to compile it from github?

Regards
                  Morten

Comment

Morten,

Welcome aboard

Did you try the webapp? That should show you the latest version. the webapp can be approached by going to the IP address with a browser. Initial access is delight/delight.
                    In the settings you can do the upgrade. After the upgrade it will ask again for upgrading the firmware. The current running situation is 2.0.04.67, development is fast :-)

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by HamsterHauge
                      Hello

I have some problems registering the Deconz gateway.

Jowihue 2.0.0.11
                      Deconz 2.0.4.67 (the only gateway on the network, no HUE)

Log from HS:
                      __
                      aug-27 08:58:27 JowiHue InitPlugin:No registered bridge found; please register a bridge through the configuration page
                      aug-27 08:58:27 JowiHue + Unregistered bridge found on network at IP address:192.168.11.128
                      __
                      But when entering the config page:
                      __
                      Configuration of JowiHue plugin

Plugin is not in ready state yet, bridge unreachable?
                      __

Firewall on the HS is disabled.
                      HamsterHauge,

You are in a situation I did not yet test.
                      I am pretty sure the version you have now is not handling a initial situation well yet. Let me test here this afternoon with the beta level I have here. If it works I will PM you with a link to the latest beta ok?

Thanks,

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        Morten,

Welcome aboard

Did you try the webapp? That should show you the latest version. the webapp can be approached by going to the IP address with a browser. Initial access is delight/delight.
                        In the settings you can do the upgrade. After the upgrade it will ask again for upgrading the firmware. The current running situation is 2.0.04.67, development is fast :-)

Wim
                        My setup seems to think 2.04.35 is latest. :-(
                        Attached Files

Comment

Morten,

I guess I did my first upgrade by hand and this triggered the beta channel.
                          I have executed the below sh script to do the first upgrade. I hope this will get you started, and also that the process will trigger the firmware upgrade after the restart:

Code:
                          #!/bin/bash
                          DECONZVERSION="2.04.67"
                          DECONZGITVERSION="V2_04_67"

wget http://www.dresden-elektronik.de/rpi/deconz/beta/deconz-${DECONZVERSION}-qt5.deb
                          dpkg -i deconz-${DECONZVERSION}-qt5.deb
                          wget http://www.dresden-elektronik.de/rpi/deconz-dev/deconz-dev-${DECONZVERSION}.deb
                          dpkg -i deconz-dev-${DECONZVERSION}.deb
                          rm -rf deconz-rest-plugin/
                          git clone https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin.git
                          cd deconz-rest-plugin
                          git checkout -b mybranch ${DECONZGITVERSION}
                          qmake && make -j3
                          cp ../libde_rest_plugin.so /usr/share/deCONZ/plugins
                          I am not much good in Linux, so you might need to install a bit more. possix was of great help here. Hope he will chime in also

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                            Let me test here this afternoon with the beta level I have here. If it works I will PM you with a link to the latest beta ok?

That's fine

Thanks

Comment

Somehow I got to 2.04.67 by combineing your script and https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...nz-rest-plugin

I am no big fan of Linux. :-)
                              Last edited by mhn; August 27, 2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I guess for many the USB ConBee will be th easier one. For the Conbee there is now a Ubuntu beta, and I hope they will bring a Windows beta somewhere next week.
                                Were you also seeing the firmware update? As this would be needed for full functionality. You can check if the plugin is taking advantage of the websocket when it starts, it should slow down polling to 30 seconds in the log. I might go even slower, or make it configurable once I have been able to do a full check on the polling, for instance if a light changes on the websocket, I might also update groups if needed and not depend it on polling anymore.

Thanks,

Wim
                                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                                X