www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Energy Management Plug-ins > Energy Management Discussion

Old November 26th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Seer Deluxe

Trickle Power and Iron Control

Umm, so I had the brilliant idea to hook up a door sensor to my ironing board door and have the iron's power come on when I open the door to be warming up. Foiled. There's trickle power on the line when the power is off which triggers the iron's Auto Off. I've tried an Appliance Module, and an in wall outlet. Why is this? I haven't measured the power, but I think I've read somewhere where it is to power any other z-wave module down the line for communications. Ideas on how to defeat this? Low voltage filter or something?
Old November 28th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Seer Deluxe

I tried a GE Jasco outlet, and It’s working correctly. I think the outlet and the Plugin appliance module that had the trickle was Leviton from Home Depot.