www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > User Interface Plug-ins > User Interface Discussion > ImperiHome Plug-in (3P)

Old December 12th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Paying $6.00 (Guessing since 4.99 Euros) a month if this was the next greatest thing ever - only problem would be when they decide to get greedy. As TeleFragger mentioned - this sort of thing does happen.

Is this really so much better than HSTouch? Have been dabbling with HSTouch a couple of few years and it seems fairly full featured.
HSTouch does not work for me (literally). One example is none of the on/off buttons work but the dimming sliders do. I spent six months trying to get it working on a phone and tablets with many contacts to HomeSeer during the support period of the software to customize without success.
Old December 12th, 2017, 01:38 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetview View Post
HSTouch does not work for me (literally). One example is none of the on/off buttons work but the dimming sliders do. I spent six months trying to get it working on a phone and tablets with many contacts to HomeSeer during the support period of the software to customize without success.
and from HS device page you can on/off these devices? that is strange. I have x10 and zwave stuff that I can control from both places and don't have that issue... very odd...

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface
Old December 12th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleFragger View Post
and from HS device page you can on/off these devices? that is strange. I have x10 and zwave stuff that I can control from both places and don't have that issue... very odd...
Everything works fine from HS3 device page. Tried with stock HSTouch on Android phone, Apple tablet and Fire Tablets. We tried beta releases of plugin, upgrades of HS3, changes to custom screens... Got it working for a short period but then it stopped again. Other problems like some devices not showing and thermostat readings were not working either.

I see the plugin is now integrated into HS3 so perhaps things work now.

I used to regret buying the software to customize HSTouch screens but now try to look at it as supporting the company even though I can't use it.

Otherwise I am very happy with my HomeSeer system.
Old December 13th, 2017, 02:51 AM
Seer Master

I suspect most of us, or maybe all, have no use for "Smart City" services. I don't understand what they are trying to do with that but it seems it is EU centric anyway.

IH is a necessary evil for Homeseer. HStouch is about 100% overpriced (yes, it should be free) and not very good anyway. Only reason I have IH is because it is easy to use, and mostly works. The UI is very limited and inefficient / poorly designed. But, it is easy to setup.

If you want a very good app, use Home Remote. It is free but the learning curve is high.

IMO, in ~2 years or so it wont matter for a few reasons...

1. Voice Control will be much better and we will use that for control. We will only use a UI for admin or 'dashboard' (status)

2. Homeseer will be surpassed by other systems...
SmartThings (if they provide 100% local processing)
and/or
open source apps like OpenHAB and Home Assistant.
... Homeseer power users will migrate to those which have much better built-in and 3rd party UIs.
Old December 14th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltek View Post
I suspect most of us, or maybe all, have no use for "Smart City" services. I don't understand what they are trying to do with that but it seems it is EU centric anyway.

IH is a necessary evil for Homeseer. HStouch is about 100% overpriced (yes, it should be free) and not very good anyway. Only reason I have IH is because it is easy to use, and mostly works. The UI is very limited and inefficient / poorly designed. But, it is easy to setup.

If you want a very good app, use Home Remote. It is free but the learning curve is high.

IMO, in ~2 years or so it wont matter for a few reasons...

1. Voice Control will be much better and we will use that for control. We will only use a UI for admin or 'dashboard' (status)

2. Homeseer will be surpassed by other systems...
SmartThings (if they provide 100% local processing)
and/or
open source apps like OpenHAB and Home Assistant.
... Homeseer power users will migrate to those which have much better built-in and 3rd party UIs.
Tell me more about Home Remote. I found their site, and may mess around with it.

How well does it integrate with Homeseer? I'm not having good look searching with such vague terms as "home" and "remote"
Old December 14th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Seer Master

What I like about ImperiHome is that creating the pages is done exclusively on the mobile device. The ImperiHome plugin is really excellent at translating HS devices over to IH devices, and for creating sensors, and controlling HS events.

I am not aware of any other mobile UI client that lets you do all of the layout on the mobile.

There are certainly ways for IH to improve--but from my perspective it the best solution to get functional well organized control over vast quantities of HA devices.

If you are unhappy about the direction that IH has gone I would encourage you to use the in app "request a feature" button to voice your concerns. I did, and they replied. Though all they said was that I was grandfathered in and would not be charged for premium. Perhaps if enough people voice their concerns they will change their approach--though I doubt it.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.318) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links
Old December 18th, 2017, 10:30 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrichar View Post
What I like about ImperiHome is that creating the pages is done exclusively on the mobile device. The ImperiHome plugin is really excellent at translating HS devices over to IH devices, and for creating sensors, and controlling HS events.

I am not aware of any other mobile UI client that lets you do all of the layout on the mobile.

There are certainly ways for IH to improve--but from my perspective it the best solution to get functional well organized control over vast quantities of HA devices.

If you are unhappy about the direction that IH has gone I would encourage you to use the in app "request a feature" button to voice your concerns. I did, and they replied. Though all they said was that I was grandfathered in and would not be charged for premium. Perhaps if enough people voice their concerns they will change their approach--though I doubt it.
I wonder if those that doesn't have the pro license purchase today will they also be grandfather in as well.

Also, We're already paying $40 for the HS plugin, shouldn't we be given the mobile version for free? It's like paying twice for the same software if you ask me.
Old December 18th, 2017, 10:36 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannieboiz View Post
Also, We're already paying $40 for the HS plugin, shouldn't we be given the mobile version for free? It's like paying twice for the same software if you ask me.
The plugin for HS and the App are made by 2 different people.

The app is made by Evertygo.

@Spud wrote a plugin which interfaces HS to the app. I guess HS wasn't popular enough for Evertygo to integrate for HS directly. On the Vera, Everty added support themselves (I used to be a Vera User).

I will say that originally the $40 plugin to interface to the $5 app, seemed really steep, but I suppose it's been worth it. I just didn't want to take the time to do a good HS touch interface and the default on, while usable, isn't overly user friendly if you ask me (for my wife that is)
Old December 19th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrichar View Post

That funny. I wish I could create Imperihome pages on a device with a real mouse and keyboard. I know that's what Touch is for, but . . .
Old December 19th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
That funny. I wish I could create Imperihome pages on a device with a real mouse and keyboard.
... agreed, using a 24" screen and mouse is 100x easier.

I'm considering looking at Home Remote again. The learning curve is big but IH has so many limitations and missing features for wall-mounted multi-user environments (homes with Kids and guests, and commercial use)
Old December 19th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
That funny. I wish I could create Imperihome pages on a device with a real mouse and keyboard. I know that's what Touch is for, but . . .
I did this with an android emulator on a PC. Worked pretty well although I find the emulators suck power. Usually uninstall after I use it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old January 6th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Super Seer

I stopped mine to update before they implemented the city.... Any bad experiences so far, did they honor the grandfather in?

Aldo
Old January 6th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Seer Deluxe

I just installed ImperiHome yesterday on a new device and went through this.

After the install, I had to register for the new service and I then emailed their support stating I had purchased the Pro previously . Within 10 minutes, I received the response stating they emailed to login again and they had applied the Pro and yes they honoured the previous licenses.
Old January 8th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brientim View Post
I just installed ImperiHome yesterday on a new device and went through this.

After the install, I had to register for the new service and I then emailed their support stating I had purchased the Pro previously . Within 10 minutes, I received the response stating they emailed to login again and they had applied the Pro and yes they honoured the previous licenses.

This was my experience as well. Hopefully we will be able to continue using this app without a monthly fee. I will say though, that they kinda have me by the b*lls, there really isn't a great replacement.
Old January 8th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Seer

Does anybody else notice a much worse performance after "the upgrade?"

Seems to me that it now takes seconds to open the app. And my on screen scene widget take seconds (or more) to run the command.

Once the app is up it seems normal. But I'm not happy at all.
Old January 8th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
This was my experience as well. Hopefully we will be able to continue using this app without a monthly fee. I will say though, that they kinda have me by the b*lls, there really isn't a great replacement.

I am going to look at Home Remote. It is multi-platform, has a designer and it is free. I haven’t used it to date but it looks promising.

http://thehomeremote.com
Old January 8th, 2018, 05:34 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brientim View Post
I am going to look at Home Remote. It is multi-platform, has a designer and it is free. I haven’t used it to date but it looks promising.

http://thehomeremote.com
I downloaded it, but haven't gotten very far. It seems kinda complicated, but I haven't put that much time towards it yet.
Old February 21st, 2018, 11:05 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
I downloaded it, but haven't gotten very far. It seems kinda complicated, but I haven't put that much time towards it yet.
anyone gotten any further with this yet? i'm still totally on for IH, but may want to try to use for some windows PCs and phones?
Old March 12th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Seer

Probably talking apples and oranges here, but HSBuddy is a very nice little mobile app that works very well. Cannot do a lot with the UI at this point but it works, and its free.