www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Thermostat / HVAC Plug-ins > Thermostat / HVAC Discussion

Old February 12th, 2018, 02:44 AM
Seer

Z-Wave Thermostat that allows 0.5deg C changes from HS

Does anyone know of a z-wave thermostat that allows 0.5deg changes via z-wave (either HSTouch or Events)?

I have a Go Control GC-TBZ48 installed and it allows 0.5 deg C changes from the local display, but it rounds up to the nearest degree when changing the setpoint from HomeSeer. For example if I enter 20.5 from HS, the thermostat locally sets to 21. The outgoing z-wave message in the log does not have a decimal, so I am thinking it is something in HS. The same thing goes with the temperature feedback because the ambient temperature will indicate 19.5 locally on the thermostat, but HS indicates 20.

I am OK with this, but the wife has complained a few times... So I looking for a thermostat that I can make 0.5 deg C setpoint changes from HS. My preference is a z-wave thermostat to avoid the need for more plugins.

Thanks
Old March 10th, 2018, 06:16 PM
Seer Master

Go Control GC-TBZ48 Fan State

Adamg,
Did you ever find a thermostat that would do 1/2 degree?
Also interested to find out if your Go Control GC-TBZ48 reports the status of child device "Fan state" properly. Mine does not ever change-always shows off.
BobSpen
Old March 11th, 2018, 01:10 AM
Seer

Hi Bob,

No I did not, however I ended up getting an Ecobee because our local government was offering a $100 discount to them.

The fan state on my GoControl has worked flawlessly since day one and indicates almost instantly.
Old March 12th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Seer Master

Adam,
Thanks for letting me know. I found that the "Fan State" auto reporting was not set to 1(Parameter #23) on the thermostat I got from the factory. Set it to 1 and it reports like a charm(thanks to "andyf" who provided the chart for all the parameters).

BobSpen
Old March 12th, 2018, 09:19 PM
Seer Master

What was the wife complaining about? I don’t think any tstat allows for 10th degree settings. I have a new zwave trane that I wish would at least report the 10th of degrees.
Old March 13th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Seer

Hello tome10,

She was complaining because she "found" single degC increments too large.... In any case, we took that thermostat to the summer cottage where it works great with HomeSeer. I have an Ecobee now and am quite happy with the plug-in and the remote room sensors.