Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative RF sensor like X10 DS10

Hello,

I currently use X10 DS10 sensors to monitor relays throughout my house (I cut off the sensor and wire the body to other sensors) which works well. Unfortunately, it looks like this product is discontinued. I am looking for a cheap alternative.

Thank you!

Drew

The DS10 was replaced with the DS12. The DS12 works very well with HS3 via the W800 USB and the BLRF plugin. I have a mix of 10 DS10s and 8 DS12s in my HS3 setup.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Thank you very much for the prompt reply Steve. I have serval DS12s as well. Unfortunately there are no exposed wires for me to cut and wire to other types of reply sensors.

Comment

Still available on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/X10-Control-Wi...SK4AKR4QYFTWJZ

Comment

Originally posted by drew17 View Post
          Hello,

I currently use X10 DS10 sensors to monitor relays throughout my house (I cut off the sensor and wire the body to other sensors) which works well. Unfortunately, it looks like this product is discontinued. I am looking for a cheap alternative.

Thank you!

Drew
          What type of sensors do you use?
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I bought about 20 DS10s a while back off eBay. All new in box (I'm guessing overstock or retailer out of business). Price was only a couple of bucks each.
            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by drew17 View Post
              Thank you very much for the prompt reply Steve. I have serval DS12s as well. Unfortunately there are no exposed wires for me to cut and wire to other types of reply sensors.

Open the DS12. Inside there is a connector block where you can connect wires for an external switch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I have ordered one of these for the project...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is zwave plus and according to the questions in the reviews: there is some internal connectors for the dry connect.

The DS10/12 looks good- but I would have to hook up my W800 or RFX transceiver. Everything is now virtualized so it isn't totally straightforward anymore. Zwave is in my house now and pretty robust. It has acknowledgements so data shouldn't get lost even though

I also ordered a 24 VAC controlled relay....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I might have to divide the voltage down a bit. The power comes from a hand crank so I need to test it under load--- I can't imagine you could spin it fast enough to damage the relay. This should be fun!
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
                X