Lights won't ramp via HS3 Touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights won't ramp via HS3 Touch

Another issue: When I turn a UPB dimmer on or off in HS3 Touch the lights snap on or off instead of ramping up and down. They work fine with local control. In Homeseer, none of the UPB devices will allow me to check the "is dimmable" box in the configuration tab. However, I can set a percentage dimming level in HS3 Touch. The only problem is ramping when turning on or off.

Of course when I go through HS3 Touch Homeseer is sending a command to the Omni which is controlling the devices.

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it so the lights act the same via remote control as locally.

More information: When I control the lights from Homeseer on the computer they snap on and off, just like with HS3 Touch, instead of ramping. When I control them from Upstart, they ramp up or down as they should.

Don't know if that's helpful or not.

Comment

Thanks - This has been reported and on my list - not sure what is causing it. I'm sure there is some secret setting in the SDK - just need a moment to find out what it is
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yesterday tested this with .13 and dimming did not work in my guest bathroom lab - . I disabled the plugin and removed the UPB device. I enabled the plugin and recreated the HAI UPB device and all ws well turning on or off or dim...

but...

Only on or off works via plugin which is the same as

Testing PCA on or off - IE: no ramping and

OmniTouch 5.7e same unit control - IE: no ramping..

testing UPB plugin on or off of same device does ramp on and off.

This means that the plugin is working the same as PCA and correctly.

Such that the plugin is working the same as PCA.

From the Omni Pro 2 manual:

After the unit has been selected, press the ' # ' key. For UPB units, the console will display:

Entry Lights
        0=OFF 1=ON 2=DIM 3=BRT

Entry Lights
        4=LVL 6=LED 9=TIM #=STA ↑
        • Press the 0 (OFF) to turn the selected unit off or the 1 (ON) key to turn the selected unit on.
        • Press the 2 (DIM) key to dim the selected unit or 3 (BRT) to brighten it. Press a number, 1 - 9 to indicate how many steps you want to
        • dim or brighten the unit. Each step is 10% from its current level.
        • Press the 4 (LVL) key to set the desired lighting level of the selected unit. Enter a number (0-100) to indicate the lighting level
        • (intensity) of the unit.
        • Press the 6 (LED) key to turn “On” or “Off” the LED behind the specified button on a 6-Button or 8-Button Keypad Controller. On
        • the 6-Button Keypad Controller: LED 1 is behind the “On” button, LED 2 is behind the “Off” button, and LED 3-6 is behind the A-D
        • buttons, respectively. On the 8-button Keypad Controller: LED 1-8 is behind the E-L buttons, respectively.
        • Press the 9 (TIM) key to time the selected unit (On, Off, Dim, Brighten). Timed commands may be from 1-99 seconds, 1-99 minutes
        • or 1-18 hours.

Note: When a House Code is configured as UPB, ALC switches may be used on that House Code (they can not share the same unit number); however the “Ramp” command cannot be used.
        Last edited by Pete; July 5, 2018, 09:47 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Thanks - This has been reported and on my list - not sure what is causing it. I'm sure there is some secret setting in the SDK - just need a moment to find out what it is
          Still more information that might help you figure it out:

When I control the lights from the Omni Keypad the snap on and off (to full brightness) just like they do from HS3 Touch and Homeseer from the computer (which sends signal to the Omni; Homeseer does not control them directly).

I don't understand this because the dimmers themselves are programmed via upstart to ramp up to the last level, and when I turn them on via upstart they react properly. I also think it is strange that when the plugin imports the dimmers from Omni it won't let me select the "is dimmable" option but I can manually select a dim level and they ramp to that level.

I have not tried adding the lights to Homeseer manually instead of importing them from the Omni.

The plugin is great but it sure would be nice if the lights responded the same way they do in upstart and via local control.

Comment

A thought: Would it make a difference if I configured the dimmers as HLC instead of UPB in PC Access?

Comment

The HAI HLC UPB lights are unique and utilize HLC room links and you can configure links to do all sorts of stuff. IE: on, off, dim, ramp on or off et al.

As documented above you cannot ramp on or off an HLC switch. I just configured a group of UPB switches to HLC. Notice the options present.
              The ON and OFF do not ramp up or down an HLC switch or UPB switch.

[ATTACH]69780[/ATTACH]

Thinking that the OmniPlugin today doesn't work with links from my last testing of it. You can manually create a link / event with upstart then create a button to send a link and utilize that with the Omni plugin. Many Omni plugin users are already doing this. The link number is the same in Upstart and PCA.

The button event would be defined in PCA and an Omni variable will be created for the button.

The HAI HLC UPB light switches have custom HAI firmware to do this. You can emulate an HLC configuration with non HAI UPB switches but cannot program them with PCA / Keypads or Omnitouch screens.
              Last edited by Pete; July 7, 2018, 03:30 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hadn't really thought about trying to program more acceptable behavior.

It is just odd to me that given the fact the ramping and desired light level is programmed into the dimmer itself that it reacts to an on or off command from Upstart differently than an on of off command from Omni. The Omni shouldn't need to tell the dimmer to ramp because that is already programmed into the dimmer.

Comment

Yeah HAI has updated the firmware for the Omni panels over the years and Leviton has updated some for new stuff.

Once Leviton even fat fingered the base firmware relating tIo video camera pop ups from the Omnitouch screens a couple of years ago.

IE with cameras configured you can trigger a video pop up when the door bell rings.

I am not sure that anyone ever complained about ramping the lights as you could always do this with links (HLC / UPB).

The only software I know of to control and configure UPB is upstart and today they have embedded firmware on the PCA ethernet to UPB device which is programmable and put together by Digi and a 3rd party automation software vendor.

PCS PulseWorx UPB Gateway

[ATTACH]69781[/ATTACH]

~ $300 USD

Here I have multiple UPB Pims configured in my home connected to serial to ethernet devices to check for noise and UPB footprints via a Windows RDP server running in the basement. The same server runs PCA, Upstart, HSTouch designer, ZWave stuff et al.
                  Last edited by Pete; July 7, 2018, 04:39 PM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                  X