Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typing in the Coupon Code worked like a charm! Everything up and running with NO Problems. Thank You

Comment

All installed and paid!

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
        I just tried downloading from the updater but it did not work. (I have never tried the beta so there was nothing I needed to uninstall). The updater said it installed OK and after I stop and restart Homeseer I get the install screen. The install goes OK and says it was successful but the plugin does not show up in the interface list and I get this error in the log:

9/6/2009 4:42:50 PM - Error - Unable to access plugin: HSPI_ISYInsteon.dll, try reinstalling plug-in

Tried reinstalling a couple of times and always get the same result. Is there something special you have to do to install this on a Hometroller?
        Did you every get a new OS image that has .net 3.x installed as part of it? I don't have access to a Hometroller so I'm not sure. It seems like there shouldn't be anything special beyond the .net 3.x requirement.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Up and running with paid plug-in. Thanks!

Jim H

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
            Did you every get a new OS image that has .net 3.x installed as part of it? I don't have access to a Hometroller so I'm not sure. It seems like there shouldn't be anything special beyond the .net 3.x requirement.
            Yes, I purchased and installed the new flash drive with the 3.x version of .net just specifically to support this plugin. I am beginning to think my Hometroller was a bad idea because of things like this. I may revert back to a PC running standard XP and HS or HS Pro.

Comment

I have the HomeTroller 1 with the new OS ver. 1.3 (.net3). Installation of plugin, purchase w/ coupon, and registration all went smoothly.

Comment

The installer does come up and say that Homeseer can not be running while the installer is running - perhaps people with missing plug-ins didn't shut down Homeseer while the installer was running?

Also, I was able to use cut and paste to paste the coupon code into the purchase screen.

So now should this sub-forum be obsoleted in favor of ISY Plug-In (instead of ISY Beta Plug-in)?

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
                  The installer does come up and say that Homeseer can not be running while the installer is running - perhaps people with missing plug-ins didn't shut down Homeseer while the installer was running?

Tim
                  Not sure what that means exactly. I ran the updater and downloaded the plugin. I then shut down and restarted Homeseer per the install instructions. As homeseer starts back up it kicks off the installer which I then proceed through until it says it completes successfully (but obviously does not.)

Are you suggesting that after Homeseer restarts and kicks off the installer that I should let Homesser finish starting and then shut it back down before hitting NEXT on the installer?

Or are you saying that I should not kick off the installer by restarting Homeseer but rather do it manually someow before I restart Homeseer?

(neither of these are indicated from the wording of the instructions)

Comment

Ok, so the instructions need to be updated. I'll do that once we figure out what the right steps are. The installer was a last minute deal. After I submitted the plug-in to HomeSeer, they told me to use this new installer template.

This is how I've been installing it.

1) Run the updater and download the plug-in install package.

2) Restart HomeSeer, it sees the package and starts the installer.

3) Click through the steps on the installer until it has finished.

4) Restart HomeSeer again.

I'll run though this again after removing the plug-in from my system and take some screen shots to document the process. If anyone has any other steps or corrections let me know. If there are differences for the Hometroller, then let me know that too and I'll add those to the documentation.

Not sure what that means exactly. I ran the updater and downloaded the plugin. I then shut down and restarted Homeseer per the install instructions. As homeseer starts back up it kicks off the installer which I then proceed through until it says it completes successfully (but obviously does not.)

Are you suggesting that after Homeseer restarts and kicks off the installer that I should let Homesser finish starting and then shut it back down before hitting NEXT on the installer?

Or are you saying that I should not kick off the installer by restarting Homeseer but rather do it manually someow before I restart Homeseer?

(neither of these are indicated from the wording of the instructions)
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Ok, so the instructions need to be updated. I'll do that once we figure out what the right steps are. The installer was a last minute deal. After I submitted the plug-in to HomeSeer, they told me to use this new installer template.

This is how I've been installing it.

1) Run the updater and download the plug-in install package.

2) Restart HomeSeer, it sees the package and starts the installer.

3) Click through the steps on the installer until it has finished.

4) Restart HomeSeer again.

I'll run though this again after removing the plug-in from my system and take some screen shots to document the process. If anyone has any other steps or corrections let me know. If there are differences for the Hometroller, then let me know that too and I'll add those to the documentation.
                      The steps you list are exactly what I did and I get the .dll error noted above.

Comment

Upstatemike,

Is it possible to look at the file system on the HomeTroller? Based on the error:

9/6/2009 4:42:50 PM - Error - Unable to access plugin: HSPI_ISYInsteon.dll, try reinstalling plug-in
                        It seems like it could be a permission problem or that it got installed in the wrong place? Does the HomeTroller have some kind of protection against running "unauthorized" software?

On a standalone PC based system, the HSPI_ISYInsteon.dll file is typically in c:\Program Files\HomeSeer and that's the only file that's required for the plug-in to run.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Upstatemike,

Is it possible to look at the file system on the HomeTroller? Based on the error:

It seems like it could be a permission problem or that it got installed in the wrong place? Does the HomeTroller have some kind of protection against running "unauthorized" software?

On a standalone PC based system, the HSPI_ISYInsteon.dll file is typically in c:\Program Files\HomeSeer and that's the only file that's required for the plug-in to run.
                          On a Hometroller it would be "d:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2" and I do see it there with a size of 246K and a date of 8/21/2009

Comment

The steps you list are exactly what I did and I get the .dll error noted above.
                            Yes, I purchased and installed the new flash drive with the 3.x version of .net just specifically to support this plugin.
                            I did a little checking and the error message you're getting is the message HomeSeer outputs when the .NET 3+ is not available. There may be other things that also cause that message since it is fairly generic. But is there some way to double check that the new OS image really did get installed?
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I did a little checking and the error message you're getting is the message HomeSeer outputs when the .NET 3+ is not available. There may be other things that also cause that message since it is fairly generic. But is there some way to double check that the new OS image really did get installed?
                              I don't know. I just purchased the .NET 3 flash and rebuilt my Hometroller. I don't know what the build changed or how to check for it.

Update:

I found the .Net key in the registry and it is still at 2.0.050727 - time to buy new hardware and go back to regular XP/HS2.
                              Last edited by upstatemike; September 8, 2009, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I don't know. I just purchased the .NET 3 flash and rebuilt my Hometroller. I don't know what the build changed or how to check for it.

Update:

I found the .Net key in the registry and it is still at 2.0.050727 - time to buy new hardware and go back to regular XP/HS2.
                                Well, I wouldn't go that far yet. The HomeTroller seems like a pretty nice little box. It sounds like the new OS image didn't install properly. I'd try the restore flash again.

The .NET 3.0 should be in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0

If it really doesn't have .net 3.0, they maybe you need to make some queries to make sure you got the right restore flash.
                                --
                                Bob Paauwe
                                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                                X