X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any interest in a Mojio Plugin?

Now that they support android, i've pulled the trigger on a Mojio:

https://www.moj.io/

Its an interesting connected car dongle that plugs into your vehicles on-board diagnostics port and has an integrated AT&T modem and GPS to push data to the cloud. You don't have to add it to a data plan, its a M2M connection that is free for the first year after purchase, then 4.95/month to Mojio. They have an app that reads diagnostic codes, keeps track of service, fuel economy and such, and does some AVL type things. It was just added to IFTTT as well.

It seems to have a well documented api that seems pretty open. The developers have said several times they want to be THE connected car interface, not just a connected car app. I think a HS3 plugin would be awesome. Could certainly add a new level of presence detection that doesn't drain the smartphone, HS3 would know to warn you that you are going to have a dead battery in the morning, left the lights on, etc...

Anyway, just thought i'd start a thread on this device, since i didn't see any mention of it in searching the forums.

USA/Canada only for now, guessing that has something to do with their AT&T marriage.

Definitely I'm in!

I did a crowd funding on this one: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/v...9373951#/story

But with an HS interface, I might up and running with Mojio sooner
    Mike

Comment

That is a nice looking unit too. I like that they're using embedded cell modems instead of bluetooth to a host phone all the time like most everything else out there.

It will be interesting to see which of these types of devices get a good foothold on the market, or which ones get bought by cellular companies to incorporate directly into their platforms... all at the same time of the auto industry trying to add competing and better "smart car" features in their oem offerings.

Kind of like the race to navigation systems 5 years ago.

Comment

like the concept, but is it worth $72 x 2 cars annual ?
        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

I'm already using Automatic for two cars. Works well. They just released their API so their hardware works with other software (such as Harry's track timer). Also, Automatic is integrated with IFTTT and works well.

I guess the advantage of Mojio would be tracking of your car when you are not in it--sort of a mashup of lojack and Automatic?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by ORNVM View Post
            Now that they support android, i've pulled the trigger on a Mojio:

https://www.moj.io/

Its an interesting connected car dongle that plugs into your vehicles on-board diagnostics port and has an integrated AT&T modem and GPS to push data to the cloud. You don't have to add it to a data plan, its a M2M connection that is free for the first year after purchase, then 4.95/month to Mojio. They have an app that reads diagnostic codes, keeps track of service, fuel economy and such, and does some AVL type things. It was just added to IFTTT as well.

It seems to have a well documented api that seems pretty open. The developers have said several times they want to be THE connected car interface, not just a connected car app. I think a HS3 plugin would be awesome. Could certainly add a new level of presence detection that doesn't drain the smartphone, HS3 would know to warn you that you are going to have a dead battery in the morning, left the lights on, etc...

Anyway, just thought i'd start a thread on this device, since i didn't see any mention of it in searching the forums.

USA/Canada only for now, guessing that has something to do with their AT&T marriage.
            How's the Mojio plugin coming along ?
            Mike

Comment

The mojio itself has failed to impress so far. At least with their android suite of apps. It has issues syncing and about the only telemetry data that comes through correctly is how much fuel is in my tank. Ironically, the cloak app (the one that shows AVL positions) is still showing my rig at the gas pumps and not at my home where it's been for an hour, so any hope of geofencing and presence detection being offloaded to the mojio in the vehicle and off of my phone is gone.

Hopefully, they'll get their act together and release some updates, granted, they did just release for android early last month, so i haven't quite written them off so far, but if they don't get a fix out soon, it may be going back and I might investigate automatic or vinli.

Comment

Working...
              X