Room based proximity detection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
    I have say IFTTT geofence has been amazingly accurate and no maintenance needed.

I'm glad this is working for you! And I don't mean to be a dick ..... but...... IFTTT = Cloud. And that's not how I roll. And I don't recommend anyone else roll like that. And it still doesn't give you any kind of room to room occupancy detection.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Yeah I wasn't cloud guy either, but caved in with myhs then ifttt. Now I'm considering Amazon Echo. May be not! With Echo & kinetics always listening and perhaps recording, I may just stick with Xap800( on do to list). Yeah, Sorry didn't mean to imply ifttt gave room detection. My need for area detection more like front gate area, rear yard, front yard, boat house, etc. The property is large so I'd like certain events run when I'm outside in the yard, but not bring the house complete to away mode or complete home mode. It's the on going search for the holy grail for occupancy :-)

Sent from my iPhone
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Working...
      X