This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    according to the attached doc (p24), to turn Chime mode on/off you just need to enter "Security Code + 9" from a keypad so, to do it from an HS Event, you would just need to use a "Send Keystroke String" action with SecurityCode + 9 as parameter
    Ah, I'll try that out.

Comment

Originally posted by djc1603 View Post
      I am coming from the AD2USB module on HS2. Changing over to HS3, I decided to go with the Envisalink module due to it's network connectivity. One of the features available on the plug-in for the AD2USB was the ability to use RF motion sensors (Honeywell 5800) without having to have them added to zones within the panel itself. The plugin allows you to create a RF device if you want to use them just as triggers for automation and not for security. Can that be made available on this plug-in?

Thanks,

Got some 5800PIR-RES's and I don't see any way to do this unfortunately.

Comment

Hi,

Can't find a post on this - Is it possible to set the alarm without setting the alarm code in the plug-in? This is possible by pressing #7 or #1 on the panel itself...

Paranoid parents like having the sensors and all connected to the home automation, but don't want the disarm code on the system - they want to manually type the code on the panel. They still want to be able to set the alarm remotely though.

Ideas?

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by stefam View Post
          Hi,

Can't find a post on this - Is it possible to set the alarm without setting the alarm code in the plug-in? This is possible by pressing #7 or #1 on the panel itself...

Paranoid parents like having the sensors and all connected to the home automation, but don't want the disarm code on the system - they want to manually type the code on the panel. They still want to be able to set the alarm remotely though.

Ideas?

-Mike
          The plugin doesn't use the quick arming function because it is not activated in every system, so the arm controls and actions needs the code. That being said you can use the "Send Keystroke String" action to create an event that sends "#7" to the panel it will work even if the code is not set up in the config page

Comment

Awesome! Of course! Makes me feel dumb for not thinking of that... Thanks so much!!!
            -Mike

Comment

Log User Number Used?

Hi Spud,

Was wondering if the API exposes the user number that was used to arm, disarm, etc the system at a keypad.

If so, would like to see it in the logs and/or a way to trigger events, control virtual devices, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Comment

I am requesting the ability to launch a second instance of the plugin. I have two separate Panels, one for my house and one for a detached building. They must remain separate, but I would like to be able to manage them both with HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by Just5 View Post
                  I am requesting the ability to launch a second instance of the plugin. I have two separate Panels, one for my house and one for a detached building. They must remain separate, but I would like to be able to manage them both with HomeSeer.
                  will do

Comment

Originally posted by Just5 View Post
                    Done in version 3.0.0.31 that you can install from the Beta section of the updater.
                    Please test and let me know.

Comment

Could you add a zone type of heat sensor? We have several of these in various areas where fire might start from appliances, and it would be nice to designate them as something other than "Smoke" -- just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
                        Could you add a zone type of heat sensor? We have several of these in various areas where fire might start from appliances, and it would be nice to designate them as something other than "Smoke" -- just a thought!
                        I'll 2nd this request.
                        -Wade

Comment

I will add this to my TODO list, but note that you can rename the "Smoke" / "No Smoke" statuses to anything you want just edit the device and go to the "Status Graphics" tab

Comment

I will add this to my TODO list, but note that you can rename the "Smoke" / "No Smoke" statuses to anything you want just edit the device and go to the "Status Graphics" tab
                            Thanks spud, good to know. I tend to leave PI devices alone for fear of breaking something.
                            -Wade

Comment

Editing that would also change it for smoke detectors too right? I also have 10 smoke detectors too, that's why I didn't edit it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Editing that would also change it for smoke detectors too right? I also have 10 smoke detectors too, that's why I didn't edit it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                                No, you edit the status at the device level. So, for each device which is a Heat sensor, you go to the "Status Graphics" tab and change the Smoke/ No Smoke labels

Comment

Working...
                                X