www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Ultra Scripts and Plug-Ins > UltraGCIR HSPI

UltraGCIR HSPI Discussion area for the UltraGCIR HSPI plugin.

Old September 11th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Seer Deluxe

Initial setup and plugin use

Hi Ultra Jones

I have bought a GC100-12 from eBay. A US import.

Please can you help me understand how best to set it up.
I have two Samsung TVs which have a 3.5mm programming jack, I have bought some genuine 3.5mm to rs232 Samsung cables (BN39)

I was planning on connecting both TVs up to both rs232 ports.
Leaving 6xIR/sensor ports and 3xrelays.

can your plugin control both samsungs by rs232 ports?
Does it send ir commands down the rs232?

In another room I have a Bluray player I want to send IR signals too.
On the globalcache uk website, I can see a ir blaster for 9.99 and another ir blaster for £49.99 called the go-bl2, does this mean I have to buy the bl2 or will the other itach cheap emitters or blaster so work?

Also if I wanted to buy a remote and aim it at something to feed into the gc100; what is the exact hardware I would need for a single remote?

Can your plugin operate 1x relays, and what is the maximum voltage allowed on the relays, I am assuming it is volt less and does not actually supply a voltage to a device? Just closes a contact switch so one side would be powered and the other would either be depending on the open/close state of the relay?

Thank you for your time.
TouchServer, RFXCom, Z-Wave, GlobalCachePro, NetCam
Envisalink, NEST, Kodi, EasyTrigger, FaceRecognition, Kinect
SONOS, weatherXML, PushOver, BLLAN, BLBackup, CurrentCost3P, PHLocation
ASPXloader, BatteryMonitor, DeviceList, EventList, Links, Grouping, IniEditor, IPupdate, RSS, FileGrabber

Old September 19th, 2016, 07:54 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeycoles View Post
Hi Ultra Jones

I have bought a GC100-12 from eBay. A US import.

Please can you help me understand how best to set it up.
I have two Samsung TVs which have a 3.5mm programming jack, I have bought some genuine 3.5mm to rs232 Samsung cables (BN39)

I was planning on connecting both TVs up to both rs232 ports.
Leaving 6xIR/sensor ports and 3xrelays.

can your plugin control both samsungs by rs232 ports?
Does it send ir commands down the rs232?

In another room I have a Bluray player I want to send IR signals too.
On the globalcache uk website, I can see a ir blaster for 9.99 and another ir blaster for £49.99 called the go-bl2, does this mean I have to buy the bl2 or will the other itach cheap emitters or blaster so work?

Also if I wanted to buy a remote and aim it at something to feed into the gc100; what is the exact hardware I would need for a single remote?

Can your plugin operate 1x relays, and what is the maximum voltage allowed on the relays, I am assuming it is volt less and does not actually supply a voltage to a device? Just closes a contact switch so one side would be powered and the other would either be depending on the open/close state of the relay?

Thank you for your time.
Hello Chris,

My plug-in sends IR commands using the IR ports on your GC-100. It does not send IR commands via the RS-232 port. However, my plug-in can use the RS-232 port to receive IR commands provide you have the correct hardware. I believe I have this feature documented in the User's Guide.

My plug-ins can control everything on the GC-100 except the RS-232 ports. My plug-in provides no mechanism to be able to send/receive data via the RS-232 ports on the GC-100.

I don't know enough about the GC-100 to answer your technical questions. Have you tried contacting Global Cache support? They are *very* helpful.

Regards,
Ultrajones