Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chime Mode on/off - how?

@SPUD
    Is there a way with events to specify turning Chime mode on/off?

If not, can you please add this, its built-into the EVL .

thx!

use a "Send Keystroke String" action and send the following code

XXXX9, where XXXX is your security code

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

GOTCHA... thank you.

Let me know when you are ready to test the latest version with the panel code capture.

Comment

Is there a way to see the status of the chime (on or off), such as having a chime device?

Elliott
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

I use a virtual device and 3 events for mine. 2 of the events set the virtual device status to let me know if the chime is enabled and the third sends the keystrokes. Since the device has a single control button, I set the ststus of the device with immediate scripts. This is a DSC system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1195350

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1195351

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1195352
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Maybe Spud can chime in (see what I did there ).

I'm trying to use Spud's Easy Trigger to check the value of the Envisalink root device which displays the current status of the partitions. When chime mode is enabled on partition 1, there will be a 1 DISARMED CHIME Ready to Arm string that is displayed and when chime mode is disabled, there will be a 1 DISARMED Ready to Arm.

I have a virtual chime mode device that I'm trying to set using checks for the value of the string, but I can't seem to get it working.

Spud, any help with trying to check for the string value of the root envisalinkademco device which shows the partition status?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
              Maybe Spud can chime in (see what I did there ).

I'm trying to use Spud's Easy Trigger to check the value of the Envisalink root device which displays the current status of the partitions. When chime mode is enabled on partition 1, there will be a 1 DISARMED CHIME Ready to Arm string that is displayed and when chime mode is disabled, there will be a 1 DISARMED Ready to Arm.

I have a virtual chime mode device that I'm trying to set using checks for the value of the string, but I can't seem to get it working.

Spud, any help with trying to check for the string value of the root envisalinkademco device which shows the partition status?
              This should work but the EasyTrigger string expression needs to match exactly the status including the number of spaces, and I know that for example there is at least 2 spaces between the words "DISARMED" and "Ready".
              So you need to set the log level to debug, open the log file in a text editor and copy paste the status to your string trigger.

Comment

This should work but the EasyTrigger string expression needs to match exactly the status including the number of spaces, and I know that for example there is at least 2 spaces between the words "DISARMED" and "Ready".
                So you need to set the log level to debug, open the log file in a text editor and copy paste the status to your string trigger.
                I copied the string from the debug and here's what I've found.

If I use the contains condition with "1 DISARM CHIME" I can successfully set the virtual chime device to ON.

If I use the contains condition with "1 DISARM Ready" (from debug) or "1 DISARM Ready" (just to try), I'm unable to set the virtual chime device to OFF.

It's almost like the string contains another character between the DISARM and Ready, maybe a carriage return or line feed?
                Attached Files

Comment

Just a quick follow-up. I changed the contains string from "1 DISARMED CHIME" to "1 DISARMED CHIME Ready" and it did NOT work. It seems that whenever I include anything after the CHIME part or the DISARMED part (when chime isn't enabled), I can't get anything to work.

Here's the debug log. What is Firing event 25 mean?

Feb-17 16:19:09 EasyTrigger DEBUG Firing event 25
                  Feb-17 16:19:09 EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 1866 string changed to 1 DISARMED CHIME Ready to Arm
                  Feb-17 16:19:08 EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 1866 string changed to 2 DISARMED CHIME Ready to Arm
                  Feb-17 16:19:08 EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 1870 value changed from 3 to 1
                  Feb-17 16:19:04 EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 1866 string changed to FAULT 15 CLASS ROOM MOTION
                  Feb-17 16:19:04 EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 1870 value changed from 1 to 3
                  Feb-17 16:19:03 EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 1866 string changed to 2 DISARMED CHIME Ready to Arm
                  Last edited by Chewbucka; February 17, 2018, 05:20 PM. Reason: updated information

Comment

As Spud wrote earlier, there are additional spaces between DISARM CHIME and Ready, for formatting on the display.

Perhaps try
                    IF the device string contains DISARMED
                    AND the device string contains CHIME
                    THEN set ...

AND the device string does not contain CHIME
                    THEN reset ...

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                      As Spud wrote earlier, there are additional spaces between DISARM CHIME and Ready, for formatting on the display.

Perhaps try
                      AND the device string contains CHIME
                      THEN set ...

AND the device string does not contain CHIME
                      THEN reset ...
                      Isn't the value that homeseer displays the same as the raw string value which the plugin should be checking?

As spud wrote: "So you need to set the log level to debug, open the log file in a text editor and copy paste the status to your string trigger." I did that, but it's still not matching with either part of the string using contains, nor the whole string using becomes. I'm also checking the case insensitive to make sure there are no issues there.

I'll try your suggestion, but that just seems like a workaround. The string should either match or not.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Sandler Ademco plugin, using the AD2USB interface rather than the Envisalink. (it comes with a Chime device), BTW.

Using PuTTY, I can capture the strings directly:

Code:
                        ".DISARMED.CHIME...Ready.to.Arm.."
                        "****DISARMED****..Ready.to.Arm.."
                        with periods replacing the spaces.

PS. Vista 21ip panel.

Comment

I have the Sandler Ademco plugin, using the AD2USB interface rather than the Envisalink. (it comes with a Chime device), BTW.

Code:

PS. Vista 21ip panel.
                          Thanks for that. I'll try matching using the extra spaces and report back. I wonder if something is stripping the extra spaces after the plugin is checking the value.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

Code:

PS. Vista 21ip panel.
                            Thanks for the help. I started putting in extra spaces and it started working at 2, just like Spud had said earlier. I think the problem was that I wasn't waiting long enough for the plugin to react to the new search string and so initially I thought it wasn't working correctly.

The weird part is that in the logs, there are not two spaces in the device string. It appears that the extra spaces are being stripped out in the log. Maybe to conserve log space?

Feb-18 00:31:27 EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG VirtualKeypadUpdate 01,1C28,08,00,1 DISARMED CHIME Ready to Arm
                            Feb-18 00:31:27 EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Received: %00,01,1C28,08,00,1 DISARMED CHIME Ready to Arm $

Comment

I spoke too soon. The event to turn on the chime mode virtual device works just fine searching for
                              Code:
                              "1 DISARMED CHIME  Ready"
                              with two spaces between CHIME and Ready, although in this case, I really only need to search for "1 DISARMED CHIME" which has always worked.

The event to turn off the chime mode virtual device is not working. I've tried "1 DISARMED Ready" and have added an extra space between DISARMED and Ready all the way up to 9 spaces.

Feb-18 00:59:28 EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 1866 string changed to 2 DISARMED CHIME Ready to Arm
                              Feb-18 00:59:25 EasyTrigger DEBUG Device 1866 string changed to 1 DISARMED Ready to Arm
                              Last edited by Chewbucka; February 18, 2018, 02:48 AM. Reason: updated disarm to disarmed, added easytrigger debug info

Comment

Working...
                              X