Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log Motion when partition set to Armed Stay

Hi Spud,

I have the EV4 and I want to use the motion detectors to trip lighting at night when the alarm is set to Armed Stay (i.e. turn the kitchen lights on when I come downstairs).

My issue is that the detectors are not showing up in the log (like they are even being tripped), yet if I walk around while it is set in Armed Stay mode, the detectors turn yellow and red with motion.

I'm not sure if the system does not pass along to EV4 and the plugin the movement, or if it is dropped somewhere in-between.

Any insight?

Thanks,

Michael
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

I could be wrong, but I believe this is a limitation of the panel itself not Spud's plugin. I don't think the panel reports motion for zones that are considered inactive when it's armed.

Comment

I use an AD2USB to interface to my Vista 20p, and my motion sensor is wireless, so my experience may not 100% relate, but I've had this issue with my other wired zones. The Ademco panels (at least the Vista 15p & 20p that I'm aware of) do not report zones status while armed. You have to program a relay to by triggered by the zone, then monitor the relay. The AD2USB supports virtual relays, so it can appear to the panel as up to 2 external relay boards. The PI can then monitor these virtual relays to trigger updates in HS3. Not sure if the EVL supports virtual relays like this.

Comment

Vista 20p workaround

I ran into this as well and following some advise from a different thread, I put all of my motions into partition 2 and then configured keypad 19 in partition 2 and set the Envisalink 4 to use keypad 18 for partition 1 and 19 for partition 2. On the EyezON website, I just configured which zones are in each partition.

When arming the system at night, there is no difference for me, I just use #3 or #7 to arm all the doors and windows, leaving partition 2 disarmed and thus able to see all the motions in Homeseer while we're home.

When we leave, we just arm both partitions (<user code><0><2>) so that the motions are then active. I didn't really care about triggering any events in Homeseer using the motions while armed away. When disarming, you have to remember to do <user code><0><1> otherwise your motions will set off an alarm after you enter the house.

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
          I ran into this as well and following some advise from a different thread, I put all of my motions into partition 2 and then configured keypad 19 in partition 2 and set the Envisalink 4 to use keypad 18 for partition 1 and 19 for partition 2. On the EyezON website, I just configured which zones are in each partition.

When arming the system at night, there is no difference for me, I just use #3 or #7 to arm all the doors and windows, leaving partition 2 disarmed and thus able to see all the motions in Homeseer while we're home.

When we leave, we just arm both partitions (<user code><0><2>) so that the motions are then active. I didn't really care about triggering any events in Homeseer using the motions while armed away. When disarming, you have to remember to do <user code><0><1> otherwise your motions will set off an alarm after you enter the house.
          This is excellent. Thank you.
          HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
          Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
          BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post

Thinking of configuring my 20P this way but concerned about WAF and ability to get the family retrained to add the "0" when arming/disarming after many years of doing it one way. Any thoughts on using an event to arm/disarm partition 2 based on partition 1 being armed/disarmed? Any reason that wouldn't work, or wouldn't be advisable?
            -Wade

Comment

Working...
            X