Problems with UPB devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with UPB devices

I have a Homeseer Zee2 that is connected to an older Omni IIe (3 serial ports) and my UPB lights (Simply Automated) stopped working when I attempt to have the Omni control them. I already tried resetting the PIM by pressing the program butting 5 times then 10 times then once.

If I try to control the lights through my computer using Upstart they work.

If I go into PC access and send a command to the Omni to turn the lights on or off, the signal meter on Upstart turns green so it appears that a signal is being sent but the lights do not respond.

When I go to Homeseer and try to control the lights upstart sees a signal but the lights do not respond. (Homeseer is not controlling the lights directly, it is only sending a command to the Omni).

The lights are units 17 and 18 in both PC access and in Upstart.

Any idea why the lights won't respond to the Omni? Thanks.

I have one other problem as well. When I use HS Touch to try to control the UPB lights through the Omni I can see the light on the PIM blink. But after I try to turn them on or off a couple of times HS Touch won't respond when I try to control that light. It continues to respond for other devices. It is like the connection between Homeseer and the Omni is busy or something and prevents HS Touch from operating.

Again, any ideas?

Originally posted by JCCccc View Post
    I have a Homeseer Zee2 that is connected to an older Omni IIe (3 serial ports) and my UPB lights (Simply Automated) stopped working when I attempt to have the Omni control them. I already tried resetting the PIM by pressing the program butting 5 times then 10 times then once.

If I try to control the lights through my computer using Upstart they work.

If I go into PC access and send a command to the Omni to turn the lights on or off, the signal meter on Upstart turns green so it appears that a signal is being sent but the lights do not respond.

When I go to Homeseer and try to control the lights upstart sees a signal but the lights do not respond. (Homeseer is not controlling the lights directly, it is only sending a command to the Omni).

The lights are units 17 and 18 in both PC access and in Upstart.

Any idea why the lights won't respond to the Omni? Thanks.

I have one other problem as well. When I use HS Touch to try to control the UPB lights through the Omni I can see the light on the PIM blink. But after I try to turn them on or off a couple of times HS Touch won't respond when I try to control that light. It continues to respond for other devices. It is like the connection between Homeseer and the Omni is busy or something and prevents HS Touch from operating.

Again, any ideas?
    Try replacing the cable that goes from the Omni to the UPB PIM.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope. Just figured it out. For some reason the network ID and Password in the Omni did not match the network ID and password in Upstart. Not sure how it got changed but the Omni can now control the lights.

Still don't know about HS Touch hanging up though.

Comment

Working...
      X