www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Spud Plug-Ins > Ecobee (3P)

Ecobee (3P) Discussions related to the Ecobee plugin by Spud

Old December 13th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Seer

Read External Temperature

Is there any way to get the current outdoor temperature reading from the Ecobee? When it is extremely cold or hot, I'd like to set up an event that would run the fan longer when the thermostat is satisfied to even out the temps in the house. Thank you.
Old December 13th, 2017, 05:14 PM
OverSeer

The thermostats display a value labeled as outside temperature, but it's based on their data for weather sites near your location. I don't think the plug-in exposes those values to HS, though. I'd suggest you take a look at WeatherXML. It will provide you with all the weather data you can handle, including alerts and forecasts.

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10:
Compose, XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Old December 13th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Seer

I love my EcoBee and do use the sensors for triggering events based on inside temperatures and occupancy. But I use an Acurite 5 in 1 weather station with the UltraWeatherWU3 plug-in - works great for triggering events based on outside weather conditions.

Last edited by SJ Miller; December 13th, 2017 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Added note