Best Freezer Temp Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently setup a fibaro FGK-101 with a DROK temperature probe

I drilled a hole in the top of my freezer and dropped the probe inside and used silicone caulk to seal it. I mounted to fibaro on the door to monitor if it gets left open. Wish I could have found a powered solution, but this will do for now.

Comment

I monitor the temps of my freezers, refrigerator, oven, cold water, hot water, hot water return and rooms using a 1-wire network. The components I use are the following Embedded Data Systems (EDS) components: OW-SERVER 1-wire to ethernet server, OW-RTD4W 1-wire interface for 4-wire RTD, two JB6 1-wire junction box. Additonally I use an Omega RTD-3-1PT100K2515-36-G 4 Wire Pt-100 RTD Transducer , and Dallas Semiconductors Maxim DS18B20 1-Wire Digital Thermometers.

The OW-RTD4W is coupled with the Omega RTD to monitor my oven.

I use the DS18B20s for everything else. I used existing phone lines for the room sensors. The OW-Server interfaces with HS3 using Ultra1Wire3.

I have 18 temperature sensors that are rock solid for a total cost of $300 plus a bit of wire.

Comment

Originally posted by kesterf View Post
        I monitor the temps of my freezers, refrigerator, oven, cold water, hot water, hot water return and rooms using a 1-wire network. The components I use are the following Embedded Data Systems (EDS) components: OW-SERVER 1-wire to ethernet server, OW-RTD4W 1-wire interface for 4-wire RTD, two JB6 1-wire junction box. Additonally I use an Omega RTD-3-1PT100K2515-36-G 4 Wire Pt-100 RTD Transducer , and Dallas Semiconductors Maxim DS18B20 1-Wire Digital Thermometers.

The OW-RTD4W is coupled with the Omega RTD to monitor my oven.

I use the DS18B20s for everything else. I used existing phone lines for the room sensors. The OW-Server interfaces with HS3 using Ultra1Wire3.

I have 18 temperature sensors that are rock solid for a total cost of $300 plus a bit of wire.
        That is the same system as I described in post #17 above. As you said it is rock solid. We monitor 50+ temperatures, including 4 mini split air conditioners, 9 zones of hydronic heat, two freezers, the refrigerator/freezer and some environmental temperatures. The OWServers have been running without a hiccup for 3 years.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          That is the same system as I described in post #17 above. As you said it is rock solid. We monitor 50+ temperatures, including 4 mini split air conditioners, 9 zones of hydronic heat, two freezers, the refrigerator/freezer and some environmental temperatures. The OWServers have been running without a hiccup for 3 years.
          Randy, My apologies. I only read back a handful of posts. I didn't mean to duplicate previous posts. I can say the HS forum has given me most of my home automation ideas and nearly all the information i needed to make it work.
          I wouldn't have my 1-wire network without this forum. I also wouldn't have thought of using the extra phone line pairs and RJ-12 connectors with the DS18B20 for my room temp sensors.
          I just can't say enough good things about you and the many, many others that contribute to this very active forum. I wish I was able to contribute as much as I've been given. Thanks, Forrest.

Comment

Originally posted by kesterf View Post
            Randy, My apologies. I only read back a handful of posts. I didn't mean to duplicate previous posts. I can say the HS forum has given me most of my home automation ideas and nearly all the information i needed to make it work.
            I wouldn't have my 1-wire network without this forum. I also wouldn't have thought of using the extra phone line pairs and RJ-12 connectors with the DS18B20 for my room temp sensors.
            I just can't say enough good things about you and the many, many others that contribute to this very active forum. I wish I was able to contribute as much as I've been given. Thanks, Forrest.
            Absolutely no need to apologize. I was just in agreement as to the reliability and accuracy of the EDS servers and OneWire probes.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
            X