Interacting with Cooper Scene Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interacting with Cooper Scene Controller

Not sure if this is the best forum for this question but since it ties in with the Omni, I thought I'd try here. The problem is how to make a Cooper Z Wave in wall scene controller recognize when a UPB switch has been turned on or off manually.

I have a Cooper 5 button in wall controller that I got to turn on and off some outdoor floods that have an Aeotec nano switch wired to the motion detector. I have had some problems with the nano switch but that is a separate issue. It was simple enough to make button 1 on the controller activate a scene that turned the floods on or off.

That leaves 4 buttons to do other stuff with. Most of my other switches are Simply Smart UPB dimers that are directly controlled by the Omni. It was not too hard to create a scene for the Cooper buttons to turn those on to a certain level or off (although I have not figured out how to make it dim or brighten the scene).

What I am struggling with is making the Cooper recognize when the UPB switches are manually turned on or off. So, for example, if I manually turn on a UPB dimmer I want the Cooper to know it is on so I can simply press the corresponding button on the Cooper and turn it off. As it is now, I have to press the proper button twice to activate a scene for the UPB dimmer and then turn it off again because the Cooper doesn't know the light is already on.

I have tried creating events like "when front porch light changes and becomes on then z wave actions, turn on indicator for controller button 3" but nothing happens with the indicator on the Cooper controller. I don't know why because the status of the light changes in HSTouch so I know Homeseer knows the light has been turned on. (I don't really think this would work anyway because just changing the status on the indicator isn't the same as the Cooper knowing the light is on, I don't believe.)

I have also tried "when front porch light changes and becomes on then z wave actions, activate scene for controller button 3." I was afraid that might have an odd effect like the switch turning on the light to 90% and then dimming to 65% per the programmed scene, but again nothing happens with the Cooper controller.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the Cooper recognize when a UPB switch is turned on (or off) manually?

Here have HAI UPB floaters online and connected to HS3. You can write an event to watch for the UPB switch to be manually turned on then trigger your stuff.

Thinking that you can do this with the HAI UPB device too. Configure the UPB switch to send out status and press it and see if it changes the HAI / UPB / connected switch. Watch the two PIMs (one connected to HS3 and one connected to the Omni Pro panel).
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
    X