Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i create a "dimable" virtual device that IFTTT can see

How do i create a "dimable" virtual device that IFTTT can see

i need to have a dimable virtual device so I can have IFTTT set the dim level to different settings as I visit various places with my phone so if i visit the supermarket the IFTTT can set HS dim on my device to 20% or 20 so that i can execute a script biased on a certain dim level rather than having a separate virtual device for each place i go
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Create the device, add a value range pair in the status graphics tab with a range that spans your dim range, set the control use property to dim and that should work.

Comment

Thanks, that worked and also solved another issue I was having, once I created the dimable device I removed the on and off levels leaving the dim levels 0-100 I then create des graphics for each one starting at 0 then 1,2,3,4,5 ( so far I have only used the first 6 levels 0-5.

Next I used the IFTTT system to set a specific dim level based on a phone going into a specific location, out of area is 0, home is 1, work is 2, grocery store is 3 ect.

Now from just 1 virtual device , I can set an event that triggers when the value changes, then a simple script looks at the value and does something if the value = x.

Also on my tablet showing his touch I can make n image box and track that device. The graphics that I assigned to each value show up on that box as the value changes, it's a more effective way of being able to have many graphics and display the one you want biased on a complex list of possibilities.

The result is I have one virtual device for each person and at a glance on the table I can see basically where each person is. Home, work, club, shopping, mall ect.
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

It also doesn't need to be a "dimmable" device. It can be a multi-value device. If you want to control it through the device manager, you can "Use popup dialog for control:" which would give you real positions instead of dim percentages.
        Attached Files
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

oh thanks,

i was using dim-able because using the IFTTT system you can "dim " a device and that's what i was using to change it

Comment

Working...
          X