Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermostat stopped working after upgrade - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat stopped working after upgrade - Solved!

I have a Honeywell Z-Wave thermostat that was working like a champ yesterday and today I upgraded to the latest HS3 (Ver 3.0.0.194) and the latest Z-Wave plug-in (Ver 3.0.1.23) and now I can't communicate with my thermostat at all. It works manually but any attempt via HS3 fails with a message saying "Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Thermostat Basement Fan Mode" etc. I have a HSM200 less than 20 feet away that I can talk to and get info back from just fine so I don't think it is signal related. From what I can tell everything else is working just fine and I see no errors when I restart HS3.

A. Has anyone noticed thermostats not working after the upgrade?

B. How can I determine the root cause?

I have the same thermostat and it is working with latest everything. When I get the "Lost Communication" error that shows up at the top of thermostat, I disconnect it from wall plate and wait a few seconds and then re-attach.

Not sure if it works for you but it does for me.

Comment

Solved

Thanks for the tip, it worked like a charm. I have been using this thermostat for several months now and never had it hang like this. It's a little disconcerting to hear you have to do this occasionally but I guess I will keep an eye on it. It's also funny that it stopped working right at the time I did the upgrade. I know for a fact it was working the day before. It just seemed too much of a coincidence. Thanks again for the tip

Comment

Working...
      X