No announcement yet.

HomeSeer MQTT plugin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the quick reply! Maybe I missed something, I don't see devices being published from homeseer until I click either value or string in the publish config part of the MQTT plugin... maybe I'm missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by terafin View Post
      Thanks for the quick reply! Maybe I missed something, I don't see devices being published from homeseer until I click either value or string in the publish config part of the MQTT plugin... maybe I'm missing something?
      That's correct. Because the dev works outside the inner core of the HomeSeer system. I'm afraid you add the devices manually. And we are glad he made that plugin. He can also offer more useful help from the link to the plugin forum. I'm just a user with little help that I can.

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

MQTT IP address

Hi,
        I want to use node-red and the mqtt plugin to send my IP address to HomeSeer.
        I've created a flow and that sends the string to the MQTT device but without
        the points but the node-red debug is showing the IP address in the correct
        form with the points.
        In the HS3 MQTT device settings I've marked "Update string".
        But the updated string shows only the numbers without the points.
        Where is the issue ?
        Regards,
        Fischi

Comment

I've just looked into the HS.log. :
          Info: Received MQTT topic: /Public_IP payload: xx.xxx.xxx.xx

The Log shows the IP address correctly with the points but the MQTT
          device doesn't.
          Only without the points.

Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
            I've just looked into the HS.log. :
            Info: Received MQTT topic: /Public_IP payload: xx.xxx.xxx.xx

The Log shows the IP address correctly with the points but the MQTT
            device doesn't.
            Only without the points.

Fischi
            As for the record the HomeSeer IP should be static (unless of course you on about the external IP ===> And you don't use DDNS)

The IP address in HomeSeer becomes the device. You do not have to create a virtual one. Then click on the MQTT link on the HomeSeer UI. And click subscriptions you will see the TOPIC about Node-Red. So if you published Node-Red in general would be ====> Node-Red/# . Anything from then on you publish from that end will be locked in the general TOPIC>
            Now add that general topic to mqtt HomeSeer devices. If it's the first time you have done this then you also to tick the MQTT box in the device type list of the HomeSeer UI. When you go back to the home page the list of mqtt devices will be there.

EDIT. You did not mention that you have already a device created and/ or not showing!

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
              EDIT. You did not mention that you have already a device created and/ or not showing!
              Eman.
              Thanks Eman,
              I've created many devices like weather icon number, CPU temperature,
              outside temperature from openweathermap ... -some with Node-Red/...
              and some added manually.
              Now I gave "Node-Red/IP/WANIP" to the input node and to the debug node.
              HomeSeer has found the MQTT topic subscribe, I've added it and in the device I see XXXXXXXXXX instead of XX.XXX.XXX.XX . (X=my IP digits from 0-9)
              Only a 10 digit number without the "."

Fischi

Comment

Thanks Eman,
                I've created many devices like weather icon number, CPU temperature,
                outside temperature from openweathermap ... -some with Node-Red/...
                and some added manually.
                Now I gave "Node-Red/IP/WANIP" to the input node and to the debug node.
                HomeSeer has found the MQTT topic subscribe, I've added it and in the device I see XXXXXXXXXX instead of XX.XXX.XXX.XX . (X=my IP digits from 0-9)
                Only a 10 digit number without the "."

Fischi

Ok then,

What you have there is gone beyond mqtt plugin (removing the decimal points )
                You may have to contact Geert-jan on the the plugin forum and /or search the web about such a node (or flow). If the CPU temp. shows correctly there is no reason to why it's different for the IP.

Take a look at this: http://flows.nodered.org/flow/9559f217b08913702c38 You may need to add the mqtt node to it.

NOTE: If it's the HomeSeer IP (Windows) you will have to use Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor HS3

Eman
                Last edited by Eman; January 5, 2017, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks Eman,
                  for the CPU temp there came a similar error :
                  It has to do with the "." !
                  If the CPU temp is 35.9 the HS3MQTT device showed 359. I've added a function node
                  and this multiplies the 35.9 by 10 ----> so it will be 359.
                  In the settings of the MQTT device I've set "Multiply by 0,1" (COMMA instead
                  of "." so I get the correct value of 35,9 .
                  This works for node-red values with ONE ".". or "," but the IP address
                  has three "decimal points" and it's not a value which I can multiply with
                  anything.
                  That's corious the plugin ignores the "."

Best regards,
                  Fischi

Comment

Thanks Eman,
                    for the CPU temp there came a similar error :
                    It has to do with the "." !
                    If the CPU temp is 35.9 the HS3MQTT device showed 359. I've added a function node
                    and this multiplies the 35.9 by 10 ----> so it will be 359.
                    In the settings of the MQTT device I've set "Multiply by 0,1" (COMMA instead
                    of "." so I get the correct value of 35,9 .
                    This works for node-red values with ONE ".". or "," but the IP address
                    has three "decimal points" and it's not a value which I can multiply with
                    anything.
                    That's corious the plugin ignores the "."

Best regards,
                    Fischi

Then again not so fast!

I have added it with that flow in the link above but by just adjusting only the Inject node TOPIC from ip to Node-Red/IP

TIP: It's nice to not overcrowding your Node-Red by just adding new connctions to the ones already created like the message debug node and/ or mqtt!

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                      I have added it with that flow in the link above but by just adjusting only the Inject node TOPIC from ip to Node-Red/IP
                      Eman.
                      I've removed the topic from the mqtt-node but still missing the "."
                      I think the problem might be the decimal separator.
                      I thought that a string may have signs like a "." without those issues
                      because it isn't a decimal separator in this sence .

Thanks,
                      Fischi

Comment

Hey Fischi,

I was about to ask you if those guys have to watching you

Then I found this funny topic:http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-basics

Eman.

Comment

I've removed the topic from the mqtt-node but still missing the "."
                          I think the problem might be the decimal separator.
                          I thought that a string may have signs like a "." without those issues
                          because it isn't a decimal separator in this sence .

Thanks,
                          Fischi
                          Import the flow in that link and in your mqtt do not put anything apart from the mqtt IP address and the port. That's why in one of my previous posts I put a TIP not to include new nodes like the debug and the MQTT node unless of course you are using more than one mqtt brokers!

Mine is exactly as it should be. Connect the link to the exec node first and fire it and see what happens. And don't forget to deploy!

Eman
                          Last edited by Eman; January 5, 2017, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Attempting to use this to control some MQTT sockets, little finicky. I have to use a work around with 2 devices to make it function as a regular device.

It'd be nice if I could have the MQTT plugin create a new virtual device that was able to be both controlled and updated by subscribing to two different topics.

So I can have a single device subscribed to /status/switch/S20_16A003/relay/0 for updates and

publish to /command/switch/S20_16A003/relay/0 to control it.

Comment

Is there any How-To for newbies?

Anyone found an MQTT binding to Denon's latest IP command set?

Comment

Is this Plugin in the Updater?

I cant find it... and since the updater is a POS and doesnt have a search function maybe I'm blind and cant find it.

Please let me know if it is in the Updater or what the link to the latest version is.

thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X