www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Spud Plug-Ins > Ecobee (3P)

Ecobee (3P) Discussions related to the Ecobee plugin by Spud

Old August 22nd, 2017, 04:41 PM
Viewer

Failed getting InterfaceStatus

Hi Spud,

I have been using your ecobee plugin for a little while now without issue, but last week this plugin just stopped working. When I attempt to enable it I get the following message in the plug-in status section.

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Ecobee - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

The log for the enabling of the plug-in looks like this:

Aug-22 4:26:28 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Ecobee
Aug-22 4:26:28 PM Error Initializing plug-in(2): Ecobee Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
Aug-22 4:26:28 PM
Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.18
Info Plugin Ecobee has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:51267

Here is the system profile information:

Current Date/Time: 8/22/2017 4:35:28 PM
HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard - Server
System Uptime: 0 Days 23 Hours 41 Minutes 56 Seconds
IP Address: 10.0.1.252
Number of Devices: 22
Number of Events: 12
Available Threads: 100

Enabled Plug-Ins
3.0.0.33: EasyTrigger
3.0.0.18: Ecobee
3.0.0.20: ImperiHome
3.0.0.94: LutronCaseta
1.1.17228.28: MyQ
0.0.0.34: Pushover 3P
3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

I have tried loading the beta 3.0.0.19 plug-in with the same result. I have removed the plug-in re-installed as well. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy
Old August 22nd, 2017, 05:07 PM

stop the plugin, then edit Config/Ecobee.ini, delete its current content, paste the following lines:
Code:
[GENERAL]
log_level=Debug
save the ini file, then restart the plugin

if the plugin starts normally you will have to do the authorization process again.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 04:04 AM
Viewer

Thank you Spud,

I did as instructed, here is the output from the log file.

Aug-23 3:52:16 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Ecobee
Aug-23 3:52:16 AM Error Initializing plug-in(2): Ecobee Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
Aug-23 3:52:16 AM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
Aug-23 3:52:16 AM Ecobee DEBUG System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.b__64_0() at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
Aug-23 3:52:16 AM Ecobee DEBUG Unhandled Exception Trapped
Aug-23 3:52:16 AM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.18

Looking in my Homeseer HS3 directory, I notice that the Newtonsoft.Json.dll file is version 10.0.3.21018. When I look in the bin directory it looks like the Lutron Plugin has this version of that file in it, while the Ecobee directory has 7.0.1.18622. Is it as simple as replacing the newtonsoft file in the HS3 directory with the one from the bin/ecobee folder?
Old August 23rd, 2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synack View Post

Looking in my Homeseer HS3 directory, I notice that the Newtonsoft.Json.dll file is version 10.0.3.21018. When I look in the bin directory it looks like the Lutron Plugin has this version of that file in it, while the Ecobee directory has 7.0.1.18622. Is it as simple as replacing the newtonsoft file in the HS3 directory with the one from the bin/ecobee folder?
You should not have any Newtonsoft.Json.dll in your HS3 root dir. Delete it and restart the plugin.

It is probably another plugin that mistakenly installed this dll in the root dir, and that's bad, all dll dependencies should be installed in bin/<plugin_name>
Old August 23rd, 2017, 10:51 AM
Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
You should not have any Newtonsoft.Json.dll in your HS3 root dir. Delete it and restart the plugin.

It is probably another plugin that mistakenly installed this dll in the root dir, and that's bad, all dll dependencies should be installed in bin/<plugin_name>
That did it! Thank you so much spud for your assistance even though this turned out to not be your issue at all. Now off to buy another one of your plugins to show my appreciation. Thanks again!