Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching from Vera to HS

Hello!

I am switching from my Vera Secure to a Homeseer system. I plan on running it on an older power edge server and was looking for some tips with migrating. Some of the big things I have are a concord 4 security system, philips hue, many zwave devices, netatmo weather stations.

Thanks.

Welcome to HomeSeer! I too am a Vera refugee.

Do you have any specific questions? I'm not really sure where to begin in giving any useful advice. I guess you should start by excluding all of your Z-Wave devices from your Vera. You can do this with either your Vera or HS.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Me too.... was a great move.

S-F is right... best to start from scratch. the Ztool on your phone is awesome for this. take it slow and go room by room. you can keep vera running at the same time.

Do some searching on vera migration. lots of info out there.

Comment

When I switched I just started over and never looked back. My system is doing think I never could have done easily with Vera even running just on a Zee S2.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I came over from Control 4, I held off over a year on migrating the Concord 4, turned out one of the easier things i've done with HS. The hardest part is learning HSTouch, as I lost c4's device/activity selecting remote, I was pretty desperate.

Comment

Working...
          X