IFTTT Action not triggered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT Action not triggered

*modified* I can't get IFTTT to work for a DSC trigger. I have gotten it to work if triggered manually. not sure about other triggers. is there a limitation on the trial version?

it's actually always creating a dropbox file so I guess this is an IFTTT recipe thing

Comment

OK so this is just a case of the file being recreated with the same name depending on the trigger. delete the file and it all works for the next time there is a trigger. is this plug-in being supported anymore? if so, then I would suggest giving each file name a unique name based on a date and timestamp or whatever.

Comment

yes this plugin is still supported, and there is no limitation in the trail version.

The file name is your HS event number, and the content of the file is the timestamp so the file is overwritten everytime the action runs which should work just fine with the "New File in your Public folder" IFTTT trigger.

Is it working for you now?

Comment

I don't know if it is related, but IFTTT is broken for me as well as of a couple days ago. I was using Echo to tell IFTTT to tell HS3 to run some events.

Now, in IFTTT, it is showing as "connected" to the HS3 channel, but it can't populate the drop down from the HS3 when selecting the "that" part of the IFTTT.

Comment

Originally posted by rhardcore View Post
            I don't know if it is related, but IFTTT is broken for me as well as of a couple days ago. I was using Echo to tell IFTTT to tell HS3 to run some events.

Now, in IFTTT, it is showing as "connected" to the HS3 channel, but it can't populate the drop down from the HS3 when selecting the "that" part of the IFTTT.
            This IFTTT plugin is different from the native IFTTT integration for HS3, it does not use neither the HS3 channel nor myhomeseer. Instead it uses a dropbox account to integrate with HS3. So, no it's not related.

have a look at the user guide if you want more information on this plugin:

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              yes this plugin is still supported, and there is no limitation in the trail version.

The file name is your HS event number, and the content of the file is the timestamp so the file is overwritten everytime the action runs which should work just fine with the "New File in your Public folder" IFTTT trigger.

Is it working for you now?
              The file is marked as updated but the created timestamp is the same. For it to work with IFTTT the file would have to have a new created date or a new file appended to the directory.

Comment

Working...
              X