Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!!

Hello all, I am really trying to get this plugin to work and would appreciate any help.

When I set up an event to set the state of the speakers, nothing happens on the AB8SS when the event runs. The log indicates that commands were sent, but no response on the device.

When I go to the status page for lrpSpeak and click the buttons to change the state of the speakers, the AB8SS responds normally.

When I try to run the speker setting through a script, i.e.:

sub main()

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").InputAB("B")

end sub

I get the following log entry:

9/9/2007 1:06:17 PM - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: AMSpeakers.txt1024:Expected statement in line 3 More info: Expected statement

Any suggestions will be warmly received!

robrice2000
    HS user since 1999

This is a known problem that Larry is working on. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

Lance

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you very much Lance, I am working around the issue with lots of coding...
      Is my script code in error as well?

robrice2000

Comment

sub main()

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").InputAB("B")

end sub
        Whilst there maybe a problem with the actual function you are using, the problem you are actually getting is because you have a '&' before your line of code.

Should be

sub main()

hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").InputAB("B")

end sub

The function still wont work (or it didn't when I just tested it) but you wont get the error , you only need the '&' when using a script statement directly in an event, however I'll stand corrected from the scripting guru's.
        Lance

Comment

Working...
        X