Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

failure in script for Dallas 9097 adapter

Can anyone help?

I am having trouble with the script that gets my temperature readings from my 1-wire network. everything has run flawlessly for over 2 years, until my DS9097U failed and i replaced it. The new adapter reads the temps fine (using the Dallas i-Button Viewer), but the HS script now fails! I am running vbs with HS 1.7 inw WinXP (not in .net).

I am using the using Dallas Semiconductor DS9097U COM port adapter and DS18S20 Temperature Sensors. I have loaded 1-Wire drivers version 3.2 and SDK version 4 (tm320b_32.exe).

The only difference that i can see is that the old DS9097U-S09 and new ones provided are DS9097U-009. I don't know what the difference is, or if there even is a difference.

The error that i am getting is:

8/11/2008 6:47:16 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: get_temps.txt: 7:Out of memory: 'CreateObject' in line 63

line 63 is...

Set access = CreateObject("owapi.OneWireAccessProvider")

in code below...

'*********************************************************** ******************
    ' get_temps.txt
    ' define public variables
    Public currentTemp
    Public owAddress
    sub main()
    ' main subroutine
    Call GetTemps()
    end sub
    sub GetTemps()
    ' Get temperatures and assign to virtual devices
    Dim access
    Dim adapter
    Dim i
    Dim owd_enum
    Dim owd
    Dim deviceState
    Dim deviceName
    Dim CRLF
    dim set_date
    ' make control line feed
    CRLF = Chr(13) & Chr(10)
    ' get the 1-Wire access provider
    Set access = CreateObject("owapi.OneWireAccessProvider")
    Last edited by Jimboat; August 14, 2008, 04:30 PM.

I don't use this device, but my guess is new Dallas device driver probably processes the data variables slightly differently or changes how they are represented and the script can't find or deal with the results. Have you tried deleting the new driver and reinstalling the old driver?

Comment

I haven't changed the drivers that i am using.....same drivers now, as before (when all was working fine!)

Comment

Working...
      X