Updating XBMC Frodo Ubuntu PVR Addons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating XBMC Frodo Ubuntu PVR Addons

I recently updated MythTV to V.27. This broke the XBMC PVR MythTV Addon.

I have redone a couple of the XBMC boxes with the updates and it works well.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install zip

wget https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/archive/frodo.zip

unzip frodo.zip

sudo apt-get install autoconf libtool g++
    sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev libmysqlclient-dev

./bootstrap
    ./configure --enable-addons-with-dependencies

make zip

cp ~/xbmc-pvr-addons-frodo/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth-linux-x86_64.zip /tmp
    From here just install the zip file created under tmp.

The above will let me update all of the Linux Ubuntu XBMC boxes fine. I test XBMC sometimes on Wintel; so far no luck with the updated MythTV for XBMC plugin.
    Last edited by Pete; December 23, 2013, 02:51 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Updating XBMCBuntu 12.2 to 12.3

I didn't want to start from scratch with my update from 12.2 to 12.3. I do have one of four boxes which today doesn't go to x windows.
    It is the same as the other 3 boxes such that I will most likely rebuild it from scratch or even just image one box to another and change the IP.

http://xbmc.org/

I did the following and it worked for me. I did not remove 12.2; just upgraded it. Not sure if this will work for all users.

1 - Exited out of XBMC Version 12.2 to x windows

2 - SSH'd to box and did the following:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc.bin
    sudo reboot
    3 - worked for me.
    </pre>
    Last edited by Pete; December 31, 2013, 11:46 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Favorite Remote Control for XBMCBuntu

Here three of my boxes are using the old MCE HP remote control. These work just fine. I do also have a StreamZap which works but I do not really like it.

I did purchase a new HP MCE remote today to see how it works.

Received the remote on 10th of January, 2013. Relatively quick. Much better for XBMC. Issue that its only for XBMC. I guess there is another similarly priced remote that is multifunctional which would be my preference.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Pete; January 10, 2014, 07:56 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Found a "bug" with the PVR building and related to MythTV V.27. Wierd cuz I have updated now 4 XBMC boxes. 2 of the MythTV PVR plugins on these boxes work fine and two do not work at all.

mkdir source
        cd source
        git clone git://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons.git
        cd xbmc-pvr-addons
        ./bootstrap
        make clean zip
        Everything works fine above.

It does create the ZIP file.

The problem is that when you add the PVR ZIP file you get an error relating to dependencies. The fix:

You really have to search for it here:

https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr...elease-v1.6.13

Now I cannot find it.

It relates to a manual copy of the PVR program and not using the ZIP file. Fixing it though is a real PITA unless you leave the installed PVR stuff as installed out of the box; then just update the PVR program. I already played much with one box and it might be easier to start from scratch IE:

1 - Build the XBMCbuntu box first
        2 - Update the box not running XBMC
        3 - update the XBMC build on it
        4 - make the PVR build and just copy the PVR file to the MythTV plugin directory.

The fix is found here:

https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues/124

in a mix of 159 comments (somewhat buried). This thread though is more related to XBMC V13 rather than V12.2. I am though having same issue.

fetzerch commented 4 months ago

I'll close this ticket here since it is not directly related to the addon code but rather an issue in XBMC itself and valid for all PVR addons.

Please checkout forum.xbmc.org for support.
        Trying this again with:

wget https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr...hive/frodo.zip

unzip frodo.zip

sudo apt-get install autoconf libtool g++
        sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev libmysqlclient-dev
        cd /createdPVRdirectory
        ./bootstrap

make zip
        NOTE the make zip piece takes a while.

I am not copying over the ZIP file this time and rather just trying to update PVR functions installing the ZIP file.

Yup the last build frodo make build worked.

1 - built the above PVR driver
        2 - disabled TV PVR functions with remote on XBMC
        3 - disabled MythTV
        4 - uninstalled MythTV plugin using XBMC GUI
        5 - installed MythTV plugin using XBMC GUI from the build above
        6 - enabled XBMC MythTV Plugin
        7 - streaming Live TV now from MythTV box.
        8 - Note: this is now XBMC MythTV plugin Version V 1.6.13

Attached is the ZIP file which installs this version of the plugin on the XBMCBuntu build of XBMC and MythTV V.27 or below.

Note that its a double zip. Unzip file to stuff. Then rename stuff to stuff.zip and use the stuff.zip for xbmc pvr update.

Goofing around a bit streaming live TV on three XBMC boxes plus testing the Joggler streaming live TV. The stock build streams fine all of the SD and 720 content with no issues. 1080 stutters but the modded Joggler using the Broadcom Crystal HD card streams live 1080 content nicely.

It would be really neat though if I could stream live TV; even one channel inside of an HSTouch screen. I can do this right now with VLC but its a bit kludgy.

Playing with the same Ubuntu XBMC build; trying it now on the Joggler 3 with a Broadcom Crystal HD card in it. Probably will be trashing the XBMC build now. Added the drivers and updated GStreamer.

With the original 12.x version initially I did see the HD card. Noticing now that I did not with the 12.3 version of XBMC.

Quickie Recap I did the following:

1 - apt-get install crystalhd-dkms firmware-crystalhd
        2 - sudo apt-get install gstreamer-dbus-media-service gstreamer-tools gstreamer0.10-alsa gstreamer0.10-buzztard gstreamer0.10-buzztard-doc gstreamer0.10-crystalhd gstreamer0.10-doc gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg-dbg gstreamer0.10-fluendo-mp3 gstreamer0.10-gconf gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs gstreamer0.10-gnonlin gstreamer0.10-gnonlin-dbg gstreamer0.10-gnonlin-doc gstreamer0.10-hplugins gstreamer0.10-nice gstreamer0.10-packagekit gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-doc gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse gstreamer0.10-plugins-base gstreamer0.10-plugins-base-apps gstreamer0.10-plugins-base-dbg gstreamer0.10-plugins-base-doc gstreamer0.10-plugins-cutter gstreamer0.10-plugins-good gstreamer0.10-plugins-good-doc gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-doc gstreamer0.10-pocketsphinx gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio gstreamer0.10-qapt gstreamer0.10-sdl gstreamer0.10-tools gstreamer0.10-vaapi gstreamer0.10-vaapi-doc gstreamer0.10-x
        3 - removed the xbmc install
        4 - reinstalled xbmc
        5 - Both stock and Broadcom video drivers are now seen in the video settings of XBMC

Note the above configuration is only utilized on the Openframe 2.0 table touch tablets. These are a bit different than the regular Jogglers including stuff like a cmos battery, DECT chip, zigbee chip and a mini pcie socket built into the motherboard all in a little small footprint touchscreen.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pete; January 13, 2014, 06:06 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I added the old HD-5500 NTSC and ATSC tuner back to the MythTV box today.

I wanted to utilize it to get local NTSC channel 4 and 5.

I always had issues trying to do this with the HD-5500. The issue was a simple fix.

Just doing a scan of channels plus manually adding the NTSC channels solved my problem.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I've abandoned using the HD-5500 for both NTSC and ATSC.

It does work with MthTV; but has a really difficult time switching modes. I purchased a used Hauppauge TV PVR NTSC card. It worked right out of the box in MythTV such that it tunes in my in house stuff with no issues. That and you can make the S-Video and RCA jack inputs other channels which is very nice.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Little "test" yesterday 23rd of February, 2014

Family get together.

Turned on XBMC on main LCD TV with sound going to Russound.

Instead of just listening to the music; guests "flocked" to the main LCD TV to see the video rather than just listen to the music.

Probably will stick to just music with a family photo screensaver running in the background next time.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
              X