Netatmo Urban Weather Station HomeSeer3 Plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netatmo Urban Weather Station HomeSeer3 Plug-in

I wrote a HomeSeer3 plug-in that reads values from the Netatmo Urban Weather Station API. Simply enter your Netatmo credentials into the plug-in options web page to get started. The plug-in will detect the installed modules and automatically create the HomeSeer devices.

Here is a screenshot of the devices created for the main module, the outdoor module, 2 additional indoor modules and the rain gauge.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ultrajones; August 4, 2014, 07:04 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Wow - Looks great! Where can I find this plugin? Thanks

Comment

I will get it packaged and posted to the HS3 updater this week.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

UltraNetatmo3 HSPI is now in the HS3 updater.

Regards,
        Ultrajones

Comment

I'll be posting an update this week that adds support for Netatmo Weather Station favorites.

Comment

That is really cool, one of these has always been on my wish list. The cool thing is because it logs CO2 inside you can use that as a ventilation monitor (sort of) with the logic being the higher the CO2 the worse the ventilation (due to occupants and no fresh air) so you could then use that to trigger ventilation and other things.
            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Does this require the cloud or can it operate without net connectivity?

Comment

Netatmo Thermostat

Hi Ultrajones,

Nice plugin for the Netatatmo WeatherStation. Is there also a plugin for de Netatmo Thermostat?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                  Does this require the cloud or can it operate without net connectivity?
                  The Netatmo API does not support a direct connection to the Netatmo Weather Station. It requires Internet access (the Cloud) to work.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by luucelzinga View Post
                    Hi Ultrajones,

Nice plugin for the Netatatmo WeatherStation. Is there also a plugin for de Netatmo Thermostat?
                    I don't have the Netatmo Thermostat, so I cannot add support for it. If the plug-in is successful, I may have the funds to add support for the Netatmo Thermostat in the future.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                      That is really cool, one of these has always been on my wish list. The cool thing is because it logs CO2 inside you can use that as a ventilation monitor (sort of) with the logic being the higher the CO2 the worse the ventilation (due to occupants and no fresh air) so you could then use that to trigger ventilation and other things.
                      Yes, the CO2, Noise level and Rain Gauge option were the main reasons I purchased this Weather Station. I have been very happy with this purchase.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

looks interesting in the screenshot, but I can't get it to work. It only makes two devices. It doesn't seem to see the others sensors at all.

Comment

I assume you have a Netatmo Urban Weather Station that has been setup. Have you entered your Netatmo Username and Password into the options and restarted the plug-in?

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

yes, yes and yes :-)

I actually also created a new dev account when it didn't work. Removed the plug-in, restarted homeseer several times. But that didn't help either. Unfortunately it has only two devices (the root, and status). When I check the plugin status it seems to have 129 failed attempts to login. This is weird as those credentials work fine with another plugin.

One thing I also noted is that when I re-enter the config screen the password and secret are empty. I would figure that they would show something, for instance a masked password.

Comment

Originally posted by Andro View Post
                              yes, yes and yes :-)

I actually also created a new dev account when it didn't work. Removed the plug-in, restarted homeseer several times. But that didn't help either. Unfortunately it has only two devices (the root, and status). When I check the plugin status it seems to have 129 failed attempts to login. This is weird as those credentials work fine with another plugin.

One thing I also noted is that when I re-enter the config screen the password and secret are empty. I would figure that they would show something, for instance a masked password.
                              I cannot explain this. Are you leaving the Client ID and Client Secret blank?

I am not echoing back the password so it doesn't get stored within the web page. I'll look at adding dummy characters so it give an indication the password was saved.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X