Synology Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synology Plugin?

I would love see someone develop a plugin for Synology NAS. Besides HomeSeer, this is probably one of the most used devices in my house. I heavily use the Surveillance Station and would love to see a plugin interface with this so I can create a HS trigger on Synology motion events. I know there's a plugin for the Download Station, but why stop there.

Looks like they have the dev tools needed to build this plugin.
    https://www.synology.com/en-us/support/developer#tool

Thoughts?

-Devon

How are you liking Surveillance Station? While I too love my Synology NAS, I found BlueIris to have better functionality, so I run that on a dedicated PC instead of Synology. The camera licensing was the dealbreaker for me. BlueIris is much more affordable in that respect.
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
      How are you liking Surveillance Station? While I too love my Synology NAS, I found BlueIris to have better functionality, so I run that on a dedicated PC instead of Synology. The camera licensing was the dealbreaker for me. BlueIris is much more affordable in that respect.
      I find it works very well. Especially the new 7.0 beta. The thing for me with BlueIris is the camera support. Synology supports over 3000 IP cameras and includes full Onvif support. Would love to see this plugin get developed.

Comment

(bump) Would love to see a Synology SS plug-in. Does anyone have a Synology box with SS installed who knows how to do plug-ins? I can provide financial incentives.

Comment

I wrote the BlueIris plugin and I have a Synology NAS (but don't run SS right now). What functionality would you be looking for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
            I wrote the BlueIris plugin and I have a Synology NAS (but don't run SS right now). What functionality would you be looking for?
            Mainly event triggering. For example, if a SS motion is detected at my front door, trigger Homeseer to turn on the porch light. Same goes for the back yard. I'm sure they'll be other uses once implemented.

Comment

And if I can make a request to make it Linux compatible.

Comment

There seems to be a web api for the synology station - anyone interested in making a plugin?

https://community.zipato.com/topic/s...request-method

Comment

Is this plug-in still a possibility? Would love to control my lights based on motion, inside and out.

Comment

It will be a month or two. I need to finish a Modbus plugin I'm working on then I can pick this one up and have a look at it. It's not gone, just on hold right now.

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

It will be a month or two. I need to finish a Modbus plugin I'm working on then I can pick this one up and have a look at it. It's not gone, just on hold right now.

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

Comment

I have a JavaScript script that I call from my HS3 events. It's main function takes, as input, the name of a camera and the action to take, where an action can be to start or stop recording, take a snapshot, or move to a given preset location (for PTZ cameras). I call the script in my HS3 events. For example, when my motion detectors are triggered (motion detectors are much more reliable than camera image detection). Script is also useful when a door is opened or lock unlocked.

A plugin would be more convenient than a script but at this time, I don't have the time to learn how to create plugins. If this script would be useful to help develop a plugin, let me know.

Comment

So it seems that I may have a temp solution till we have a plugin. The new DSM has a feature in SS called Action Rules. This allows you to send triggers to any external device. In my case, I can use an HTTP JSON call to run a Homeseer event. I tested this and it works well to turn on my patio lights when there's motion.

There's only one issue I cannot seem to figure out. It runs the event to turn on the lights, but when I turn on the lights, the camera senses that as motion and turns it back on. I've even tried to set the event to not 're-run' for 10 mins, but it stills runs. Does this setting not apply to manual run events?

Thoughts?
                          Attached Files

Comment

you might try using the json call to set a virtual device to on, then have your lighting event fire when the virtual device changes and becomes on. that way synology can send multiple "on's" to the virtual device but your event is only firing once. after the lights are turned off it can clean up the virtual device and set it to off so it will re-run when motion is once again detected.

kind of messy, but should get you there.

Comment

Not sure why it's triggering again. But I'm curious - for your use case, you want the Surveillance Station to trigger a HomeSeer event. I don't understand how a HomeSeer plugin can help in this case, since it's SS that's involing the action and not HS. In my case, I don't like to rely on my cameras detecting motion, since cameras detecting motion via image changes aren't reliable. For example, I have a camera in my driveway and it would detect motion when cars in the street drive by at night. Wherever I have a camera, I've also installed a motion detector (I use Optex motion detectors connected to MimoLites). I rely on the motion detectors to detect motion, and that results in a HomeSeer event getting invoked. The HomeSeer event then sends an http command to Surveillance Station to have it start recording. No false motion this way.

Comment

Working...
                              X