This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 - last change missing or not updating

I have a few Insteon X10 devices created some time ago which update the "last change" time correctly. However, when creating new devices the last change column remains blank. Tried at least a dozen times, restarted HS3 several times in between, nothing helps. The devices switch ON/OFF correctly, it just the time stamp that is missing.
    When copying a correctly behaving device the last change time shows up, but the time stamp remains as it was in the original device and doesn't update any longer.
    Using latest HS3 .293 with latest Insteon .86. The correctly behaving devices were created with earlier versions of both HS3 and Insteon, but I cannot remember which.
    Any suggestions?
    Added info: I just tried the same device creation with HS3 .293 running Linux Mint 18. No problem there, time stamps work correctly. But I need a Jon00 plugin which is not available under Linux.
    Last edited by WfromL; August 7, 2016, 05:39 AM.

Can you compare the hs device definition specifically the Advanced tab and see if there are any differences?

there is also a hs option "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" that might affect the behavior.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,
      no differences between the device configuration, advanced tab or status graphics.
      The option "do not update ..." is left unchecked.
      However I found a workaround:
      I created a "new device" in HS3/Linux Mint, checked that the time stamp worked correctly, made a backup, restored this backup to HS3/Win7: the device works correctly, with correct timestamp behaviour. However as soon as I change anything, such as the name or the X10 address of the device, the time stamp does not update any more. So I must get it right in Linux.
      I don't create new devices every day, so I can live with that, but it's not exactly an elegant solution, and I presume there must be a bug somewhere.
      Attached Files

Comment

can you tell if this is a hs3 version issue or a plugin version issue
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Problem solved-disappeared
          • Returned to HS3 .253 from the oldest backup I still had.

• That backup had no Insteon X10 devices.
          • Updated HS3 to latest .293

• Needed to delete about 10 devices, create some 20 new devices and 15 new events to bring HS3 up to date. I deliberately left out all Insteon X10.
          • Created the 5 Insteon X10 devices I want
          • Everything works fine, problem disappeared!

Something must have gone wrong between HS.253 and HS .293, probably nothing to do with your plugin.

Comment

Thanks for testing and reporting back. would you mind reporting this to homeseer's Bugzilla. Others have reported a "last updated" issue as well.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X