Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Migrate Devices from Insteon Hub to PLM...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrate Devices from Insteon Hub to PLM...

Hi Mark, is there any way to migrate all of the devices on my HUB to my new PLM? Thinking copy and paste in to the ini file. I realize that I would have to do a lot of link cleanup, but at least my events would be left intact.

If this isn't an option, then it would be a nice feature request.

Backup devices, then change Hub or PLM, restore and then click a button that wipes the links and redoes them.

Thank you!
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

There is a swap interface routine on the config page that will update links from the hub to the plm. It will not transfer Devices registered to the hub from the Insteon app

You may run the routine multiple times. It only updates old links.
    Last edited by mnsandler; April 5, 2017, 02:38 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thank you! I assume that the "or" should be an "also" in your post above?

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
        Thank you! I assume that the "or" should be an "also" in your post above?
        ah no. it will not...

I updated the post
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

That makes sense given the limitations of the native app.

Comment

Used the swap device routine. It went perfectly. Great work there Mark. Wish I would have just stayed with a PLM the whole time. Going to set my hub on fire later today.

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
              Used the swap device routine. It went perfectly. Great work there Mark. Wish I would have just stayed with a PLM the whole time. Going to set my hub on fire later today.
              Sorry to see you had a rough time with the hub. As other posters have said, it may depend on your environment.

Personally, I have no delay issue with my hub, although I still wish it would broadcast instead of requiring polls. For me, running the hub over IP was a requirement in my project.

Comment

Working...
              X