No announcement yet.

Adding Device to ZWave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Homeseer Virtual Device Graphing Script - one of his many wonderful programs!
    All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
      ^^^ what graphing plugin you using? any?
      I am not no.. Not right now, I don't have a need to graph the room I just added,, as I add more devices I will but not right now

Comment

Originally posted by Olbrit View Post
        That sucks, sorry to hear it Fred. What I can't tell from your post is if the Humidity reading is changing on the ST814 display itself ok and just not changing in HS, or if it's not changing in either - this would affect the troubleshooting steps...

If this was my ST814 I'd try the following before declaring it faulty and going for a (warranty?) replacement:

1. Reboot Controller and ZW Interface (if applicable; mine's a Z-Troller so I do a powercycle on it).

2. Put in new batteries no matter how new the current ones are, place the ST814 2 or 3 feet from your ZW Interface, delete the Humidity child, rescan, check Humidity child is recreated, check parent/root associations and add ALL shown to associate with HomeSeer, optimize and full optimize. Wait and watch the Temp/Humid readings for an hour or 2 while leaving the ST814 close to the ZW Interface...in particular leave the ST814 display showing Humidity so you can see if that changes.

If that fails,
        3. Exclude and remove the ST814 in HS. Reboot Controller and ZW Interface and make sure the ST814 parent and children are all gone, perform a factory reset on the ST814 (see manual if needed), pull out batteries from ST814 for 1 minute then reinsert, place the ST814 2 or 3 feet from your ZW Interface, rescan, check parent and Temp/Humid children created ok, check parent/root associations and add ALL shown to associate with HomeSeer, optimize and full optimize. Wait and watch for an hour or 2 while leaving the ST814 close to the ZW Interface...in particular leave the ST814 display showing Humidity so you can see if that changes.

Interested in what you find!
        OK,...
        So,,, heres the outcome..
        I couldn't figure out how to remove the mode properly.. SO I wound up having a phantom node.. I reset everything, since it was the only NODE I had.. brand new system...
        I still NOW have a phantom interface I cant get rid of..
        BUT I re-added the node, and now.... ready for this.. the humidity is updating all the time, and the temp isn't..
        Could it be something to do with this groups thing.. I know very little about these new devices, and the instructions on the temp/humidity is horrible!!!
        this is driving me nuts I want/need to add more of these, but need to work out these bugs first.. :-/

Comment

I have had several ST814's for years, I just let the devices update themselves directly into HS via associations when their data changes, I don't change anything in their configs. Try deleting the humidity child, then rescan. With any luck a new humidity child will be spawned that will show the correct values for you. If that doesn't work you could try removing the device entirely, do a factory reset and then a rescan.
          (FWIW I run these fine via a wallwart so batteries are not a concern).
          Could you kindly tell me how exactly you add your everspring to homeseer?
          heres where I am at..
          My first one after doing a dance, it is still reporting temp regularly and humidity rarely once a day if that..
          I added a brand new one
          THe way I added it was..
          1) opened the zwave PLug in --> controller mgmt. page
          2) expanded my primary zwave interface
          3) went to action add/include a node, click start
          4) put batteries in the temp sensor, and it registered..
          however, it is not reporting humidity, or even battery status at all, THE only "last change" time I have is for the temperature, and is is farily current.

HOw do you add your units, please help..
          this is getting so frustrating..

Comment

Fred, unfortunately I am still on HS2 so I have no experience yet with HS3 that you're running. Hopefully someone here with HS3/ST814 experience can you advise you on the right 'add' steps.

All I know is that I've had over a dozen of the ST814s over the years located in various rooms in the house, the attic and outside under the eaves and they all added quickly and easily in HS2 broadly using the same steps as you wrote for HS3. As you see in my graphs aove the humidity can be the same for hours if the environment doesn't change, but the key is that any changes on the ST814 display should get updated to HS at the next reporting time (I assume you set your new device around 20 minutes again?), if they don't then something is not right.

FWIW I also have a couple of RF T/H sensors working with the RFXCOM plug-in and they've been fine too.

Very sorry I can't be of better help. If you're at your very last straw, about to give up, suspect the ST814 itself is bad and it's out of warranty, you're welcome to ship me one to test on my network then I can ship it back with the results, but I'm not too sure though that will do a whole lot for you with your HS3 set up...
            All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

OK..
              so I have done a bunch of stuff to try and resolve..
              I have totally reset and started from scratch on my zwave
              I removed all devices, erased all configs, and started over...
              I am still having a problem with these ST814's
              SO no the problem I am having is...
              When I add them, they seem to add properly, HOWEVER< when I check the radio settings on the device, it shows a number 1, which I believe is saying IT THINKS its number one node.
              that's not proper it should come up as NODE 8..
              I have reset these things, four times, removed them re-added them I can not get these damn things to add properly!
              what am I doing wrong?!
              I have successfully added 4 repeaters, a kwikset lock, and a first alert smoke alarm with NO ISSUES AT ALL..

PLease any help would be greatly appreciated
              So my recent attempt...
              Here is the log from the Node ADD
              Add Node started...
              Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
              A new node is being added...
              Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
              DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
              Done. Node 8 Added.
              Reloading (importing) node information...
              Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
              Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
              Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 8, ID: 96=60H (Everspring), Type: 6=6H, ID: 1=1H
              Node: 8 Supports Class(es): SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, MULTI_CHANNEL_V2, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, ASSOCIATION, WAKE_UP, BATTERY, CONFIGURATION, BASIC, ALARM_V2
              Node 8 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 3.52 App: 2.1
              All associations for node 8 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2.
              Node 8 supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
              Root Node Device Z-Wave Everspring Multilevel Sensor was created for node 8 on network EAB9EB83
              PrimaryZwave: Adding association for Z-Wave device Z-Wave Everspring Multilevel Sensor (Node 8, Group 1) to HomeSeer
              Programming device Z-Wave Everspring Multilevel Sensor (8) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
              4 out of 4 Child devices of node 8 were created successfully.
              Finished.

It cleary states NOde 8 added above..
              however, if I goto the everspring device, and goto the page which shows if the radio is on or off, it shows on, and displays 01
              Which I believe is incorrect.
              Last edited by thetaz01; October 31, 2016, 12:45 PM.

Comment

OK so I was able to get it added but it still is not updating.. Anybody got anything on this?

Comment

anybody?!
                  it added itself, BUT has NOT updated since 10/31 when I added it, NOTHING has updated on it..

Comment

Fred, unfortunately I am still on HS2 so I have no experience yet with HS3 that you're running. Hopefully someone here with HS3/ST814 experience can you advise you on the right 'add' steps.

All I know is that I've had over a dozen of the ST814s over the years located in various rooms in the house, the attic and outside under the eaves and they all added quickly and easily in HS2 broadly using the same steps as you wrote for HS3. As you see in my graphs aove the humidity can be the same for hours if the environment doesn't change, but the key is that any changes on the ST814 display should get updated to HS at the next reporting time (I assume you set your new device around 20 minutes again?), if they don't then something is not right.

FWIW I also have a couple of RF T/H sensors working with the RFXCOM plug-in and they've been fine too.

Very sorry I can't be of better help. If you're at your very last straw, about to give up, suspect the ST814 itself is bad and it's out of warranty, you're welcome to ship me one to test on my network then I can ship it back with the results, but I'm not too sure though that will do a whole lot for you with your HS3 set up...
                    @Olbrit I might take you up on the last portion of your message, I'd like to send you one of my Units and see if YOU can get it to work as expected with your setup. I don't know what else to do, and I really would like to get these working.. and it doesn't seem like anyone else is got any ideas :-/
                    AM I the only one running this on HS3???

Comment

ST814 Not Updating battery

So,
                      I added Two of these ST814 units and had some troubles along the way as you can view back on this thread and see.. LOL in the end I was able to add some repeaters, and get the thermometers working as well as some zwave kwikset locks..
                      I thought the ST814 were working perfectly, they are.. FOR the most part, except ONE of them, isn't reporting battery status.. under last change the date and time are blank..
                      but the humidity and temp are updated as of today.. I have another ST814
                      that is working 100%
                      Battery status was updated last month, and temp and humidity yesterday and today.
                      how can I get the battery to update on the one unit?
                      thanks for the help...
                      Still working on the nuances of z-wave vs insteon
                      Fred

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
                        So,
                        I added Two of these ST814 units and had some troubles along the way as you can view back on this thread and see.. LOL in the end I was able to add some repeaters, and get the thermometers working as well as some zwave kwikset locks..
                        I thought the ST814 were working perfectly, they are.. FOR the most part, except ONE of them, isn't reporting battery status.. under last change the date and time are blank..
                        but the humidity and temp are updated as of today.. I have another ST814
                        that is working 100%
                        Battery status was updated last month, and temp and humidity yesterday and today.
                        how can I get the battery to update on the one unit?
                        thanks for the help...
                        Still working on the nuances of z-wave vs insteon
                        Fred
                        <BUMP> anyone PLEASE?!

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
                          <BUMP> anyone PLEASE?!
                          What versions of HS3 and the z-wave plugin are you running? There have been a number of recent fixes that have improved battery reporting. How often are you polling the battery child device?
                          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have a couple of devices that I couldn't get to report their battery status. One of them mysteriously reported it a month later.

But here's the thing. The battery reporting in zwave is pretty useless because they always report 100% until the battery dies. So I stopped worrying about it as it is not accurate at all anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by aptalca View Post
                              I have a couple of devices that I couldn't get to report their battery status. One of them mysteriously reported it a month later.

But here's the thing. The battery reporting in zwave is pretty useless because they always report 100% until the battery dies. So I stopped worrying about it as it is not accurate at all anyway.
                              There are many z-wave devices that report battery status properly, including a number of Everspring devices that I have. It depends on how the manufacturer designed it, and is not related to the z-wave protocol as the protocol allows for proper reporting.
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                                What versions of HS3 and the z-wave plugin are you running? There have been a number of recent fixes that have improved battery reporting. How often are you polling the battery child device?
                                I'm running HS3 Pro 3.0.0.297
                                Z-wave plug in v 3.0.1.87
                                polling battery 12hrs

Comment

Working...
                                X